Author Topic: Aircraft Being Phased Out by the US Military  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Aircraft Being Phased Out by the US Military
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:28:13 pm »
Aircraft Being Phased Out by the US Military
Chris Lange

Maintaining air superiority is the goal of the U.S. military, and every year the U.S. government spends billions of dollars to help achieve this goal. However, in the process of keeping military aircraft up to date, some have to be retired from service to make room for the next generation.

The Air Force is adding more to its cutting-edge arsenal of fighter jets like the F-15EX Eagle and the F-35, while others, like the F-22, are slowly being retired from service. Congress made a handful of these decisions for the coming year. (The U.S. has the largest air force in the world.)

To determine the aircraft being phased out by the U.S. Air Force in fiscal 2023, 24/7 Wall St. referenced the article “Air Force Would Reduce Fleet by 250 Old Aircraft, Bring on 82-plus New Ones,”published by industry journal Air & Space Forces Magazine. Aircraft are ranked according to the number that is planned to be phased out in fiscal 2023. Information on when these aircraft entered service, crew size, and max speed came from Military Factory, an online index of military vehicles, aircraft, and vessels.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2023/03/02/aircraft-being-phased-out-by-the-u-s-military/amp/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson