Author Topic: Michelle Obama recounts 'uncontrollable sobbing' after leaving White House for last time  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 6, 2023 3:32pm EST
Michelle Obama recounts 'uncontrollable sobbing' after leaving White House for last time
Nation's first Black first lady also took aim at the lack of diversity she observed at Donald Trump's inauguration
By Michael Lee | Fox News

Former first lady Michelle Obama revealed that she cried for a half hour after she and former President Barack Obama boarded Air Force One upon leaving the White House for the last time.

"When those doors shut, I cried for 30 minutes straight, uncontrollable sobbing, because that's how much we were holding it together for eight years," the former first lady said during an episode of her latest podcast that was shared with People.

Obama described the roller coaster of emotions she felt on Jan. 20, 2017, after eight years in the White House, noting that it was essentially the only home her children had ever known.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michelle-obama-recounts-uncontrollable-sobbing-leaving-white-house-last-time
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Michelle Obama swipes at Trump over inauguration crowd, ‘no color’
By Mark Moore   
March 6, 2023 2:59pm

Former first lady Michelle Obama took a shot at the size of President Donald Trump’s inauguration crowd Monday, noting “there weren’t many people there.”

Obama, 59, described the “emotional” day in January 2017 when she, former President Barack Obama and their daughters, Sasha and Malia, left the White House for the final time after eight years and flew over the scene on the National Mall.

“You walk through the Capitol, you wave goodbye, you get on Marine One, and you take your last flight flying over the Capitol, where there weren’t that many people there — we saw it, by the way!” she said in a snippet of her new “The Light Podcast” shared with People ​magazine.​

Michelle Obama added in the interview that she ​was also struck by the lack of diversity at Trump’s swearing-in.

​”To sit on that stage and watch the opposite of what we represented on display — there was no diversity, there was no color on that stage,” she ​said. “There was no reflection of the broader sense of America.”​

more
https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/michelle-obama-says-there-werent-many-people-at-trumps-inauguration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

C'mon, Mooch. Man up!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm all broken up to read that.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Does he/she Michelle cry like a guy or a girl?
 :smokin: 8888crybaby :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mountaineer

Did she cry about this, I wonder? Yamahama.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 06:30:41 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

From the article quoting Obama

”To sit on that stage and watch the opposite of what we represented on display — there was no diversity, there was no color on that stage,” she ​said. “There was no reflection of the broader sense of America.”​

We have lots of diversity in the current administration

How’s that working out???

I’m tired of these people speaking of diversity as if it should be the one and only goal when making appointments or hiring decisions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Michelle Obama recounts 'uncontrollable sobbing' after leaving White House for last time

I remember my own uncontrollable sobbing the day she arrived.

Former first lady Michelle Obama revealed that she cried for a half hour after she and former President Barack Obama boarded Air Force One upon leaving the White House for the last time.

It should be pointed out here the graciousness that President Trump afforded them to allow them private use of Air Force One when her husband was no longer in office.  No other US President has ever received that privilege, nor has any ever asked.  It was remarkable that the Obama's had the chutzpah to request their own personal use of Air Force One for an additional day after eight years in office.  But Trump graciously allowed it.  And this is how she shows her thanks?  What a miserable bitch.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:11:30 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Of course she cried. To lose an incredible grift gravy train that had the entire family and retainers/friends go off junketing on the taxpayers' dime, living large...yeah, that'd bee a sad day, for sure.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of course she cried. To lose an incredible grift gravy train that had the entire family and retainers/friends go off junketing on the taxpayers' dime, living large...yeah, that'd bee a sad day, for sure.

She can still do a lot of it, but she has to use her hard-earned savings from the graft.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Did she cry about this, I wonder? Yamahama.

The next face of Bud Light.  It's the whole package.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.