Author Topic: Massachusetts residents demand changes to state flag over ‘White supremacy culture’  (Read 647 times)

Offline Kamaji

Massachusetts residents demand changes to state flag over ‘White supremacy culture’

By Nikolas Lanum, Fox News
March 6, 2023

Residents in Newburyport are demanding that the City Council replace the Massachusetts flag and seal, claiming that the imagery is problematic and helps promote the state’s racist history.

According to the Newburyport Daily News, the Council received a resolution on Feb. 27 asking them to support the work of the Special Commission Relative to the Seal and Motto of the Commonwealth. The Commission, in part, recommended replacing the seal and flag to better reflect the diverse residents now living in Massachusetts.

That same day, the resolution was referred to the General Government Committee in a 9-2 vote.

The resolution has been pushed by Newburyport residents Marianna Vesey and Linda Lu Burciaga, who say that 55 other municipalities have already adopted the change. Vesey and Burciaga also claim that dozens of other municipalities are considering the resolution.

Vesey said the state seal supports the idea that White people are “in charge of this world and that we have to subdue the Native American people” through a “colonializing and violent depiction.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/massachusetts-residents-demand-changes-to-state-flag-over-white-supremacy-culture/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Kamaji

The flag in question:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Have at it MA....

Here is suggestion of your replacement seal....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Every day, I disappoint myself with my ever-increasing desire to tell just about everyone to f-off, and that includes Marianna Vesey and Linda Lu Burciaga. I shouldn't think things like that, and really need more self control.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Every day, I disappoint myself with my ever-increasing desire to tell just about everyone to f-off, and that includes Marianna Vesey and Linda Lu Burciaga. I shouldn't think things like that, and really need more self control.
:beer:
Yeah, well, you can take comfort in not being alone.

Maybe we could start a support group for people who just want to tell most of the world to go perform unlikely and unnatural acts with themselves... happy77
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I know many liberals in MA and every year they just grow more idiotic.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I start my day singing this song

Hey-ey yeah, hey-ey yeah
Hey-ey, you gotta let it go (I'm a little, just a little bit off)
I'm a little pissed off today and there ain't nothin' you can do about it
I'm a little put off today and I could not tell you why
Got a really short fuse today, everyone around me's bleep crazy
I'm a little ticked off today, a little pissed off today..

-Five Finger Death Punch
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.