Author Topic: Pentagon Launches Hundreds of New Satellites to Stop Enemy Hypersonic Missiles  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pentagon Launches Hundreds of New Satellites to Stop Enemy Hypersonic Missiles

KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION14 HOURS AGO
Video Above: Air War in 2050 - Air Force Research Lab Commander on Hypersonics

By Kris Osborn - President & Editor-In-Chief, Warrior Maven

Enemy ICBMs stream through space along with decoys, debris and countermeasures, hypersonic missiles travel so quickly along the boundary of the earth’s atmosphere that it is nearly impossible to develop a continuous “track” as they transit from one radar aperture to another and ground missile launches could happen in rapid succession creating a “salvo” effect in an overwhelming attack.

Missile Defense - Satellites
Missile defense technology has made staggering steps forward in recent years, and is now poised for additional breakthroughs, yet an even newer paradigm is needed to counter an emerging new generation of threat such as hypersonic weapons, high-speed multiple re-entry vehicles and advanced countermeasures flying alongside ICBMs.

Recognizing this, the Pentagon is moving quickly to launch new constellations of high-tech, networked satellites for the specific purpose of establishing that “continuous” track and strengthening the layers of missile defense using paradigm-changing space technology.

https://warriormaven.com/global-security/pentagon-hypersonic-missiles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson