Author Topic: Sixth-Generation Aircraft: How the B-21 Raider Will Transform Air Warfare  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sixth-Generation Aircraft: How the B-21 Raider Will Transform Air Warfare
Story by Philip Handleman • 5h ago

Editor's Note: This is part III of a multipart series looking at the origins and potential of the B-21 Raider. You can find part I here and part II here.

The things that look to be gamechangers in setting the B-21 apart are the secrets hidden within its inner sanctum. At the bomber’s December 2, 2022 rollout, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said as much: “You know, the B-21 looks imposing. But what’s under the frame and space-age coatings is even more impressive.”

The powers stemming from the B-21’s core – less the touchable gadgets and more the abstract capacities – involve the moving and digesting of raw data faster than humans can think. The B-21’s networking prowess is intimated to include the ability to securely share a wealth of gathered inputs via the electromagnetic spectrum while the bomber acts contemporaneously as a bomb delivery platform, communications relay node and command-and-control manager.

The B-21’s advances stand to transform the nature of air warfare and could alter perceptions of the bomber from a mere bomb-dropper to a multifaceted atmospheric battle-star that leapfrogs the enemy’s decision-making through lightning-quick processing and sharing of the information flow, giving new meaning to the old adage that knowledge is power.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/sixth-generation-aircraft-how-the-b-21-raider-will-transform-air-warfare/ar-AA18haMh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=27ab0473be484b48a01a06147e456dff&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson