Author Topic: New Study Clashes With Official Data: Hurricanes NOT More Frequent, Intense  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. BENNY PEISER, GUEST POST ON MAR 2, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Study Clashes With Official Data: Hurricanes NOT More Frequent, Intense

ian windsA new study by computer modelers published in Nature Climate Change has concluded that hurricanes impacting the US have become more intense in recent decades and will become stronger in the future.

The paper, “Increasing sequential tropical cyclone hazards along the US East and Gulf coasts” by Xi et al, bases its conclusions on probabilistic modeling. [emphasis, links added]

However, the actual historic US hurricane data does not support such conclusions. According to the US National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration’s latest review:

“There is no strong evidence of century-scale increasing trends in U.S. landfalling hurricanes or major hurricanes”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-study-clashes-with-official-data-hurricanes-not-more-frequent-intense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson