Author Topic: “Degrowth Communism”: Green Communism whose Explicit Goal is to Destroy the Economy  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Degrowth Communism”: Green Communism whose Explicit Goal is to Destroy the Economy
10 hours ago Eric Worrall 50 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

These people teach our kids: Swedish Researcher Timothée Parrique singing the praises a virulent new strain of academic Communist ideology.

Economic growth is fuelling climate change – a new book proposes ‘degrowth communism’ as the solution

Timothée Parrique
Researcher in Ecological Economics, Lund University
March 3, 2023 5.09pm AEDT

I’m often told that degrowth, the planned downscaling of production and consumption to reduce the pressure on Earth’s ecosystems, is a tough sell. But a 36-year-old associate professor at Tokyo University has made a name for himself arguing that “degrowth communism” could halt the escalating climate emergency.

Kohei Saito, the bestselling author of Capital in the Anthropocene, is back with a new book: Marx in the Anthropocene: Towards the Idea of Degrowth Communism. The book is dense, especially for those not fluent in Marxist jargon who, I suspect, care little about whether or not Karl Marx started worrying about nature in his later years.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/05/degrowth-communism-green-communism-whose-explicit-goal-is-destroying-the-economy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji