Author Topic: Canada Debates Closing Refugee Road  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Canada Debates Closing Refugee Road
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:49:12 pm »
Canada Debates Closing Refugee Road
March 04, 2023 6:19 PM
Jay Heisler

A once quiet border road between the United States and Canada along a stretch of sparsely populated farmland has become the focal point of a domestic argument over national immigration policy.

Roxham Road, running between the northern U.S. state of New York and the Canadian province of Quebec, has become the most heavily used street by migrants hoping to move to Canada from the U.S.

On February 21, the Conservative Party of Canada’s leader Pierre Poilievre called for the road to be closed.

The solution, said Alex Neve, a University of Ottawa fellow and one of Canada’s top human rights scholars, is not to close a single road but to enact policy changes that will spread immigration across the U.S.-Canada border instead of focusing it around the small communities along Roxham Road and in the province of Quebec.

https://www.voanews.com/a/canada-debates-closing-refugee-road/6990039.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Canada Debates Closing Refugee Road
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 04:51:12 pm »
This has all stench of an extortion attempt by Trudeau to get the US to pay Canada so much per head to allow them through. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Canada Debates Closing Refugee Road
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 04:55:00 pm »
More Trudeau racism.....    That rascal. :cool:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.