Author Topic: Arizona hospital out more than $26M after providing medical care to migrant patients  (Read 108 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona hospital out more than $26M after providing medical care to migrant patients
Mar 2, 2023, 4:35 AM | Updated: 10:01 am

BY TAYLOR TASLER
KTAR.com

PHOENIX —  The only hospital within 180 miles of the Yuma area felt a surge of its own as migrants who crossed the southern border have racked up more than $26 million in medical bills over a year.

Robert Trenschel, president and CEO of the Yuma Regional Medical Center, said it’s critical his hospital finds a payer source for the migrants needing medical care.

Trenschel explained the migrants who come into the hospital arrive with various issues from bruises to bowel obstructions, but the largest group is maternity patients.

https://ktar.com/story/5467703/arizona-hospital-out-more-than-26-million-due-to-providing-medical-care-for-migrant-patients/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson