Author Topic: Asa Hutchinson: GOP Needs Alternatives to Trump’s ‘Arrogance and Revenge’  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Asa Hutchinson: GOP Needs Alternatives to Trump’s ‘Arrogance and Revenge’

Pam Key 5 Mar 2023

Former Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-AR) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the Republican Party needs alternatives to former President Donald Trump, who he characterized as leading with “arrogance and revenge.”

Anchor Dana Bash said, “So you think more voices speaking out against Trump is the right way to go? Are you going to run?”

Hutchinson said, “March is a message month. I want to continue to talk about having a consistent conservative message out there. We need to have all alternatives again to Donald Trump. We don’t need to be led by arrogance and revenge in the future. We need to be led by those that are problem-solving. They want to stick with the principles of our party and unite us together. And so that’s the message in March. April is a decision time. So we will stick with that plan.”

Bash said, “I just want to ask you: What you just said was interesting. That you disagree with Larry Hogan on the notion of too many people being out there actually helps Donald Trump. Why is he wrong? That’s exactly how Donald Trump became the nominee in 2016. He had so many people running against him, they split the vote, and he ran away with it.”

Hutchinson said, “That’s right. and we get this question a lot, from donors and others, you know, how can we avoid that? Well, this is not 2016. Donald Trump is a known quantity. He makes his message of revenge clear. And it’s different. For example, the evangelical community is going to be a key part of the race in 2024, both primary and general election. They were key in ’16, but they are convinced that we need to have a different type of leadership in the future. It should not be someone that’s going to appeal to the worst instincts of our country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/03/05/asa-hutchinson-gop-needs-alternatives-to-trumps-arrogance-and-revenge/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A little bit o' "arrogance" and a modest dose of "revenge"...
... sound just fine to me, thank you very much.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
So Asa has decided that Joe Bidens leading with arrogance and revenge, THE FIRST DAY IN OFFICE AND EVER SINCE, is blame shifted to Trumps fault?  So Asa is demented and delusional too, trashing Trump and giving Biden a pass too?
 twilight zonexxxx :media: :mauslaff: :poo:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A little bit o' "arrogance" and a modest dose of "revenge"...
... sound just fine to me, thank you very much.
After the untreated effluent showering the electorate from both sides of the aisle these past two years, make the dose of both a double.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Hutchinson: I'd Sign 15-Week Nat'l Abortion Ban
By Brian Freeman    |   Sunday, 23 April 2023 10:16 PM EDT

Republican presidential candidate Asa Hutchinson said he would sign into law a 15-week national abortion ban if he were elected, as long as it provides "appropriate exceptions," USA Today reported over the weekend.

The former Arkansas governor told Fox News Sunday, "I've always signed pro-life bills. And a pro-life bill that comes to me that sets reasonable restrictions, but also has the appropriate exceptions: Yes, I would sign it."

His statement is a change from his previous position, having told ABC News "This Week" last year that states should have the "prerogative" on the issue. ...

As governor, Hutchinson signed a near-total abortion ban trigger law that went into effect in Arkansas after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last year.

The ban provides an exception if a mother's life is at risk but not for victims of rape or incest. Hutchinson said he laments that, stating the ban should be "revisited." ...
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/asa-hutchinson-national-abortion-ban-exceptions/2023/04/23/id/1117231/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji