Author Topic: Florida student who allegedly attacked teacher for taking Nintendo Switch has three prior charges  (Read 785 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News by Adam Sabes 3/2/2023

The Florida high school student accused of violently attacking a teacher's aide who he says took his Nintendo Switch was previously hit with three misdemeanor battery charges on separate occasions.

Brendan Depa, 17, is being charged as an adult and faces one felony count of aggravated battery on an elected official or education employee after deputies say that he attacked a teacher's aide on Feb. 21, who the student alleges took his Nintendo Switch during class time. The incident happened at Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, Florida.

Depa is being held in jail on a $1 million bond.

Court documents obtained by Fox News Digital show that Depa has three prior misdemeanor battery charges, one in March 2019, April 2019, and June 2019. All of the misdemeanor charges stem from the 13th Judicial Circuit, which is located in Hillsborough County.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/florida-student-allegedly-attacked-teacher-020011469.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Does this guy have a business card we can give to the victim's family?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Court documents obtained by Fox News Digital show that Depa has three prior misdemeanor battery charges, one in March 2019, April 2019, and June 2019. All of the misdemeanor charges stem from the 13th Judicial Circuit, which is located in Hillsborough County.

My question is, where the charges lowered to misdemeanors because the prosecutor or judge only looked at him as a POC instead of the POS he is?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

My question is, where the charges lowered to misdemeanors because the prosecutor or judge only looked at him as a POC instead of the POS he is?

Probable... he sure looked like he meant business this go around. Would like to see the fellow that casually walked up get fired personally.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
NEW: The mother of Brendan Depa, the 6ft 6in teen who beat his teacher unconscious over a Nintendo Switch, is pleading for the teacher to "show mercy" on her son.

Depa's adoptive mom, Leanne Depa, says sentencing her autistic son to prison will be a "death sentence."

Depa is facing up to 30 years in prison for the attack as the teacher, Joan Naydich, is still recovering from the trauma. ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1730381054186565719
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
NEW: The mother of Brendan Depa, the 6ft 6in teen who beat his teacher unconscious over a Nintendo Switch, is pleading for the teacher to "show mercy" on her son.

Depa's adoptive mom, Leanne Depa, says sentencing her autistic son to prison will be a "death sentence."

Depa is facing up to 30 years in prison for the attack as the teacher, Joan Naydich, is still recovering from the trauma. ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1730381054186565719
The SOB should be shown the exact same mercy he showed the TA, none! If the poor little '6' 6" child can't survive in prison? one less psycopathic animal on the streets. Sorry but I am really tired of the mentally ill being coddled while normal people are abused by them, this 'child' should have been removed from his prey long before this event occurred.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

One individual does not have the right to create an unsafe learning environment for other students and an unsafe workplace for teachers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Teacher Joan Naydich, who was beaten unconscious by a 270lb teen after she took his Nintendo, is doubling down & refusing to help the teen get a lighter sentence. ... During an interview with the @nypost, Naydich blasted the school district for failing her.

She also gave more details of the incident, explaining how the teen, Brendon Depa spit in her face and called her a 'wh*re' before the violent attack.

Depa is allegedly a special needs student but Naydich says she didn't notice "anything wrong with him" describing him as a "normal" but defiant kid.  ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1748107050876563761
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org