Author Topic: The grimly hilarious reason New York is paying BLM rioters over $6M  (Read 115 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 4, 2023
The grimly hilarious reason New York is paying BLM rioters over $6M
By Bill Hansmann

New York never fails to amuse me.  We are all familiar with Saturday Night Live, an NBC production that, in its early years and with its original stellar cast, was the comedic highlight of the week as it came to us "live from New York."  Even if its laugh-provoking talent has diminished since the days of John Belushi and Gilda Radner, it can still produce at least an occasional chuckle from this fossilized cynic.  Additionally, the comedy routines of the Cuomo brothers, much like the brothers Marx, have me in stitches when I view them. But lately, both the city and state of New York have outdone themselves in providing smiles for citizens outside their borders.

It is widely believed and statistically demonstrated that New Yorkers live in a generous welfare state.  Full benefits in New York can garner a welfare recipient the pre-tax amount of $43,700 annually, or an hourly rate of $21.01.  At the same time, a Floridian in similar circumstances would receive $12,600, or $6.06 per hour.  If you think that benefits in the sums available to New Yorkers are not a disincentive to being employed, you are delusional.  The citizens who do get up each day and go to work are paying for those welfare benefits through their exorbitant tax bills.  They find those figures laughable but not at all humorous.  Is it any wonder that so many New Yorkers, at least those willing to work, are heading south to the Sunshine State?  The Floridian sense of humor does not include laughing at the poor guy forced to support freeloaders.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/the_grimly_hilarious_reason_new_york_is_paying_blm_rioters_over_6m.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The grimly hilarious reason New York is paying BLM rioters over $6M
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 03:41:16 pm »
Good.

Now that the 'rioter class' has assets, sue to prevent distribution and assemble the class of damaged business owners and take the money from the rioters who did the damage.

While the lawyers will get fat off this, maybe the business owners can recoup a little more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis