Author Topic: Russia’s Biggest Weapon (And China’s Too) Is Fossil Fuel Energy  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russia’s Biggest Weapon (And China’s Too) Is Fossil Fuel Energy
6 hours ago Guest Blogger 9 Comments
US focus on climate change and fossil fuel suppression is courting a national security disaster

Hon. Don Ritter, Sc. D.                                                                                                                               

The capacity of a modern economy to produce food and goods for its citizens, and weapons and fuel for its military to project power, are the undeniable twin pillars of global power. Both depend on reasonably priced and readily available energy.

Almost 80% of America’s energy is supplied by oil, gas and coal. Only 20% comes from other sources such as hydropower, nuclear, wind and solar. Even the greenest’ of economies will need fossil fuel backup when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine. Wind and solar provide 5% of our total consumption and only 2% of the energy to power some 290 million vehicles.

In other words, American literally runs and fights on fossil fuels.

Russia, despite an economy smaller than Italy’s, has shown it could defy all international norms and invade a neighboring country because it has abundant energy.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/03/russias-biggest-weapon-and-chinas-too-is-fossil-fuel-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Russia’s Biggest Weapon (And China’s Too) Is Fossil Fuel Energy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 04:49:06 pm »
America's biggest enemy is that contingent who would deny us the use of our resources.

That doesn't mean poison our environment, we can utilize those resources without doing that and be healthier, economically and physically, than those who will not pay heed to the messes they make in their own back yards.

But summary prohibition of the utilization of those resources done on a thoroughly simplistic basis is insanity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Russia’s Biggest Weapon (And China’s Too) Is Fossil Fuel Energy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 10:46:48 pm »
Joe wisely points out:
"America's biggest enemy is that contingent who would deny us the use of our resources."

That's why we need the codification into law of "the right to extract and use energy".

These laws should be passed at the state level (for now), around a "unified" framework (such as the way the "Uniform Commercial Code" was established).

Such "rights" should include:
The right to extract and use natural energy resources for human needs:
- right to extract and use coal for power generation, heating, and other uses as may be required
- right to extract, refine and use petroleum for motor fuels
- right to extract and refine petroleum into products intended for industrial and other uses
- right to extract and use natural gas for heating, power generation and industrial and agricultural uses
- such rights to extend to both individuals and corporations
- etc.

Again, if we don't take the initiative to enact such laws FIRST, the dem-communists and greenunists will enact laws to BAN such usage.

It's up to our side to move first to secure these "rights".
If our side snoozes, it's gonna lose.