Author Topic: Migration Advocates Excuse, Downplay Teen Migrant ‘Brutal’ Work Abuse  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migration Advocates Excuse, Downplay Teen Migrant ‘Brutal’ Work Abuse

NEIL MUNRO3 Mar 202357

Migration advocates claim to be shocked by the New York Times‘ admission that many teenage migrants are working in sometimes “brutal” jobs, but they also are trying to keep the migrants coming

“I was particularly alarmed to learn that some of these children are working full adult shifts in food processing facilities and factories after school,” said Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA), who is the son of hard working illegal migrants in California.

But then Padilla told Attorney General Merrick Garland that companies hire the children because there are few other migrants to hire in an economy with roughly 160 million workers:

I also can’t help but acknowledge some of the dynamics that lead to these situations, right? … There’s a report that [companies have] 11 million unfilled jobs, many of which have historically been filled by immigrants  … So with no migrants to fill these jobs … since 2018, the U.S. Department of Labor has seen a 69 percent increase in children being employed unlawfully by companies … So it seems like employers — particularly unscrupulous employers —  they’re gonna find their workers somewhere and it’s they’re not finding it through traditional lawful means, children become the victims,

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/03/03/migration-advocates-excuse-downplay-teen-migrant-brutal-work-abuse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson