Author Topic: Human Smugglers Using Drones To Watch Border Patrol: Authorities  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Human Smugglers Using Drones To Watch Border Patrol: Authorities
"Human smugglers using drones to surveil the Border Patrol is a growing trend that we've observed along the border," one official said.

Anna Schier,

Posted Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 5:44 pm PT

SAN DIEGO, CA — Human smugglers are using drones to surveil U.S. Border Patrol agents, authorities said Thursday.

“Human smugglers using drones to surveil the Border Patrol is a growing trend that we’ve observed along the border,” San Diego Sector Chief Patrol Agent Aaron Heitke said in a news release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. “This technology provides transnational criminal organizations with new capability that they are eager to exploit.”

Two border patrol agents encountered about 30 migrants around 11 p.m. Jan. 30 crossing illegally into the U.S. through the cargo truck lanes at the Otay Mesa Port of Entry, authorities said. After apprehending two migrants inside the port, agents pursued the remaining migrants as they fled north, according to authorities.

Smugglers were seen picking up several of the migrants and taking them to a suspected stash house in National City, authorities said. The following day, as agents surveilled the house, several people who were suspected to have entered the country illegally were seen trying to leave in a white sedan, according to authorities.

https://patch.com/california/san-diego/human-smugglers-using-drones-watch-border-patrol-authorities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson