Author Topic: Dem Senator Warns Biden’s Climate Rules Could ‘Kill Our Economy’  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY HAROLD HUTCHISON ON MAR 2, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Dem Senator Warns Biden’s Climate Rules Could ‘Kill Our Economy’

climate activists hound manchinDemocratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said Wednesday that so-called Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing and climate regulations from the Biden administration posed a threat to the entire U.S. economy.

ESG, also known as “sustainable investing,” according to the Corporate Finance Institute, can factor in corporate policies on gun control, environmental issues, abortion, or other issues in addition to or instead of strictly looking at a corporation’s profitability. [emphasis, links added]

“ESGs by itself just could kill our whole economy,” Manchin said in a brief interview on “Special Report.” “Could kill our whole economy as far as in America basically.”

Manchin and Democratic Sen. Jon Tester of Montana voted with 48 Republicans to overturn regulations issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in November that would allow the use of ESG by retirement fund managers.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/dem-senator-warns-bidens-climate-rules-could-kill-our-economy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson