Author Topic: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2023, 03:13:58 am »
Where, specifically, is Hersh wrong?  Provide your proof.

The burden of proof here is on Hersh.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2023, 02:02:30 am »
"European MP Clare Daly condemns US attack on Nord Stream:. "Then along comes Seymour Hersh, the world's most acclaimed living investigative journalist. He produces a detailed claim that the United States executed this explosion with Norway." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/1626348349069873152

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 01:38:59 pm »
LATEST:
HUGE if true –> Nord Stream ‘sabotage’ whistleblower allegedly comes forward (thread)
Posted at 9:20 am on May 22, 2023
by Sam Janney, Twitchy  ...

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1660420327325958144

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 01:39:51 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2023, 01:52:50 pm »
LATEST:
HUGE if true –> Nord Stream ‘sabotage’ whistleblower allegedly comes forward (thread)
Posted at 9:20 am on May 22, 2023
by Sam Janney, Twitchy  ...

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1660420327325958144

:shrug:

Need more proof.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2023, 01:55:15 pm »

Need more proof.

Particularly given the evidence that Russian equipment that could have been used in the task was present in the area at the time.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2023, 01:55:58 pm »
I report; you decide.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2023, 05:52:50 pm »
How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
Substack, Feb 8, 2023, Seymour Hirsch

The U.S. Navy’s Diving and Salvage Center can be found in a location as obscure as its name—down what was once a country lane in rural Panama City, a now-booming resort city in the southwestern panhandle of Florida, 70 miles south of the Alabama border. The center’s complex is as nondescript as its location—a drab concrete post-World War II structure that has the look of a vocational high school on the west side of Chicago. A coin-operated laundromat and a dance school are across what is now a four-lane road.

The center has been training highly skilled deep-water divers for decades who, once assigned to American military units worldwide, are capable of technical diving to do the good—using C4 explosives to clear harbors and beaches of debris and unexploded ordinance—as well as the bad, like blowing up foreign oil rigs, fouling intake valves for undersea power plants, destroying locks on crucial shipping canals. The Panama City center, which boasts the second largest indoor pool in America, was the perfect place to recruit the best, and most taciturn, graduates of the diving school who successfully did last summer what they had been authorized to do 260 feet under the surface of the Baltic Sea.

Last June, the Navy divers, operating under the cover of a widely publicized mid-summer NATO exercise known as BALTOPS 22, planted the remotely triggered explosives that, three months later, destroyed three of the four Nord Stream pipelines, according to a source with direct knowledge of the operational planning.

Two of the pipelines, which were known collectively as Nord Stream 1, had been providing Germany and much of Western Europe with cheap Russian natural gas for more than a decade. A second pair of pipelines, called Nord Stream 2, had been built but were not yet operational. Now, with Russian troops massing on the Ukrainian border and the bloodiest war in Europe since 1945 looming, President Joseph Biden saw the pipelines as a vehicle for Vladimir Putin to weaponize natural gas for his political and territorial ambitions.

Asked for comment, Adrienne Watson, a White House spokesperson, said in an email, “This is false and complete fiction.” Tammy Thorp, a spokesperson for the Central Intelligence Agency, similarly wrote: “This claim is completely and utterly false.”

Biden’s decision to sabotage the pipelines came after more than nine months of highly secret back and forth debate inside Washington’s national security community about how to best achieve that goal. For much of that time, the issue was not whether to do the mission, but how to get it done with no overt clue as to who was responsible.

There was a vital bureaucratic reason for relying on the graduates of the center’s hardcore diving school in Panama City. The divers were Navy only, and not members of America’s Special Operations Command, whose covert operations must be reported to Congress and briefed in advance to the Senate and House leadership—the so-called Gang of Eight. The Biden Administration was doing everything possible to avoid leaks as the planning took place late in 2021 and into the first months of 2022.

More:
https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Gee, I'm so shocked to see an anti-American screed from this source.  And I don't mean just Hersh....

There is a significant group - NOT all - of Trump supporters who have gone round the bend.  They start with viewing Biden and the Administration as "the enemy", add some sauteed "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", then garnish with "anything that hurts my enemy is good."

Mix all that together, and you get "anything that damages the U.S. under Biden's leadership is a good thing."

It's called the "anti-American souffle", because  the key ingredient is lots and lots of hot air.

The truly sad thing about this is that Republicans used to oppose the Blame America First crowd.  Now, this orange freak running for the GOP nomination, and a lot of his supporters, are the biggest proponents of it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 07:24:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2023, 07:22:18 pm »
The burden of proof here is on Hersh.

Unless and until Hersh provides the name of the alleged whistleblower, and the whistleblower's identity and access is verified, there's nothing to refute because it would be asking us to prove The whistleblower is lying without even telling us who the whistleblower is.

It's preposterous, but RIV already knows that.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2023, 07:44:35 pm »
What seems to be lost is that whoever took it out, Russia will get their revenge. And if we did, I wouldn't get to cowboy swagger about it, because they will find a way to make us pay.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:53 pm »
 ////00000////

There's an alternate theory ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2023, 08:33:30 pm »

Need more proof.

Word is they traced the IP of this "concerned citizen" back to Mar-I-Lago....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2023, 08:34:56 pm »
What seems to be lost is that whoever took it out, Russia will get their revenge. And if we did, I wouldn't get to cowboy swagger about it, because they will find a way to make us pay.

Doesn't Russia seem remarkably quiet about this?  None of the typical Russian bluster you'd normally expect, no demands for accountability, etc..   It's almost like they really don't care that much about exposing the perpetrators....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2023, 09:21:01 pm »
The "leaks" occurred just outside Danish (NATO) territorial waters, but within the Danish economic exclusivity zone ... a perfect spot for a false flag operation to blame NATO, or its members.

If NATO, or one of its members, was going to sabotage the pipelines, but maintain more plausible deniability, it would have been better to do it in Sweden's economic exclusivity zone.

Why is so important to believe the West, NATO, or the US is responsible?  The only reason for such a belief is to justify activity against the West, NATO, or the US; or to garner sympathy for Putin's cause.

If the Russians truly believed or had proof that the West, NATO, or the US was responsible, the Russian embassador to the UN would be pounding his shoe on his podium.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 09:49:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2023, 10:09:02 pm »
The "leaks" occurred just outside Danish (NATO) territorial waters, but within the Danish economic exclusivity zone ... a perfect spot for a false flag operation to blame NATO, or its members.

If NATO, or one of its members, was going to sabotage the pipelines, but maintain more plausible deniability, it would have been better to do it in Sweden's economic exclusivity zone.

Why is so important to believe the West, NATO, or the US is responsible?  The only reason for such a belief is to justify activity against the West, NATO, or the US; or to garner sympathy for Putin's cause.

If the Russians truly believed or had proof that the West, NATO, or the US was responsible, the Russian embassador to the UN would be pounding his shoe on his podium.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2023, 10:13:25 pm »

That's really the question, isn't it?  And to be clear, this isn't a case where there is incontrovertible evidence, and all that is being asked is to believe what has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. Because in that case, the answer to your question would be just "I'm just stating the truth".

No, this is about an incident where there is very little concrete evidence, and all we have are various degrees of speculation backed by some slim degree of circumstantial evidence.  So in this case, asking why some people are pushing the "blame America" narrative so hard, and why they are trying so hard to convince others that it is true, is a very interesting question.  Especially since there are some Americans in that group.

What possible motivation do those people have?  Especially because if it was proven to be true, we would be liable for all the damages, and could possibly find ourselves in World War 3.

Absolutely.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 11:05:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »