Author Topic: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
« on: February 08, 2023, 05:50:41 pm »
How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
Substack, Feb 8, 2023, Seymour Hirsch

The U.S. Navy’s Diving and Salvage Center can be found in a location as obscure as its name—down what was once a country lane in rural Panama City, a now-booming resort city in the southwestern panhandle of Florida, 70 miles south of the Alabama border. The center’s complex is as nondescript as its location—a drab concrete post-World War II structure that has the look of a vocational high school on the west side of Chicago. A coin-operated laundromat and a dance school are across what is now a four-lane road.

The center has been training highly skilled deep-water divers for decades who, once assigned to American military units worldwide, are capable of technical diving to do the good—using C4 explosives to clear harbors and beaches of debris and unexploded ordinance—as well as the bad, like blowing up foreign oil rigs, fouling intake valves for undersea power plants, destroying locks on crucial shipping canals. The Panama City center, which boasts the second largest indoor pool in America, was the perfect place to recruit the best, and most taciturn, graduates of the diving school who successfully did last summer what they had been authorized to do 260 feet under the surface of the Baltic Sea.

Last June, the Navy divers, operating under the cover of a widely publicized mid-summer NATO exercise known as BALTOPS 22, planted the remotely triggered explosives that, three months later, destroyed three of the four Nord Stream pipelines, according to a source with direct knowledge of the operational planning.

Two of the pipelines, which were known collectively as Nord Stream 1, had been providing Germany and much of Western Europe with cheap Russian natural gas for more than a decade. A second pair of pipelines, called Nord Stream 2, had been built but were not yet operational. Now, with Russian troops massing on the Ukrainian border and the bloodiest war in Europe since 1945 looming, President Joseph Biden saw the pipelines as a vehicle for Vladimir Putin to weaponize natural gas for his political and territorial ambitions.

Asked for comment, Adrienne Watson, a White House spokesperson, said in an email, “This is false and complete fiction.” Tammy Thorp, a spokesperson for the Central Intelligence Agency, similarly wrote: “This claim is completely and utterly false.”

Biden’s decision to sabotage the pipelines came after more than nine months of highly secret back and forth debate inside Washington’s national security community about how to best achieve that goal. For much of that time, the issue was not whether to do the mission, but how to get it done with no overt clue as to who was responsible.

There was a vital bureaucratic reason for relying on the graduates of the center’s hardcore diving school in Panama City. The divers were Navy only, and not members of America’s Special Operations Command, whose covert operations must be reported to Congress and briefed in advance to the Senate and House leadership—the so-called Gang of Eight. The Biden Administration was doing everything possible to avoid leaks as the planning took place late in 2021 and into the first months of 2022.

More:
https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

Re: How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 05:51:35 pm »
A rather long read that's worth the time.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 06:07:02 pm »
President Biden on Nord Stream 2 Pipeline if Russia Invades Ukraine: "We will bring an end to it.". (Video)

https://youtu.be/OS4O8rGRLf8

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 06:10:00 pm »
THE PLAYERS Left to right: Victoria Nuland, Anthony Blinken, and Jake Sullivan.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 06:15:13 pm »
"The Source"

:mauslaff:

"The Source" will also assure you that there are several crashed UFOs at Area 51 that have been reverse-engineered to provide all of the modern inventions we love and rely on.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 06:16:50 pm »
Biden: "I promise you, we will end Nordstream 2". (Video)
Feb 9, 2022

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1623363506815832076

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 06:22:13 pm »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, not just self-serving statements from "The Source" that cannot be fact-checked.

This might have happened exactly as "The Source" described it, but he hasn't proven anything beyond the fact that he's good at writing spy-novel level narrative.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 06:25:22 pm »
FTA---

More recently, Victoria Nuland expressed satisfaction at the demise of the newest of the pipelines. Testifying at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing in late January she told Senator Ted Cruz, “​Like you, I am, and I think the Administration is, very gratified to know that Nord Stream 2 is now, as you like to say, a hunk of metal at the bottom of the sea.”

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 06:26:06 pm »
Is this the same Pentagon Papers guy?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 06:29:31 pm »
FTA---

And I, for one, am especially grateful that the Sun rises in the East each and every morning; without more, that does not make me responsible for causing the Sun to rise.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 06:34:31 pm »
Michael Tracey
@mtracey

Of course Sy Hersh will be slimed for this, because for one thing it explodes the myth that current US policy is safely in the hands of Serious Adults -- and not a pack of crazed zealots happy to risk World War III so they can "covertly" blow up a pipeline

11:34 AM · Feb 8, 2023

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 06:46:30 pm »
The article is pretty detailed. Not saying I believe it necessarily, but not saying I don't. Would Russia blow up their own pipeline? Seems bizarre to me.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 08:55:52 pm »
I recall a Source who once said that Russian hookers peed on Trump.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 08:58:46 pm »
Did Biden give the order to destroy Putin's Nord Stream pipeline after Ukraine invasion? Bombshell report claims Navy divers carried out mission to kill Russia's gas stranglehold on Europe in audacious mission overseen by president
   o U.S. Navy divers planted C4 explosives that caused $500 million damage to Nord Stream pipelines between Russia and Germany, sensational report claims
   o Report by Pulitzer Prize-winner Seymour Hersh details plot in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and Europe's dependence on gas from Moscow
   o The White House and the CIA have denied claims the attack was carried out after nine months of secret planning overseen by President Joe Biden

By Lewis Pennock For Dailymail.Com
Published: 11:21 EST, 8 February 2023 | Updated: 15:39 EST, 8 February 2023
Specialized U.S. Navy diving teams carried out the bombing attack against the underwater Nord Stream pipelines which supply Russian gas to western Europe during a top secret mission overseen by President Joe Biden, a bombshell report claims.

Divers planted C4 explosives on three Nord Stream pipelines in June 2022 which were detonated three months later using a sonar buoy which broadcast a signal that triggered the bombs, according to the report.

The attack was carried out in response to Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine and designed to force Germany and other European nations to end their reliance on Russian gas, it is claimed. The move would also disrupt Moscow's income from gas sales - which have contributed billions of dollars to its war effort.

The sensational report by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh, published to his Substack, cites a source 'with direct knowledge of the operational planning' behind the alleged plot. The White House and the CIA flatly rejected the report on Wednesday, branding it 'complete fiction'.

Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines were sabotaged by bomb blasts on September 26 2022 in an attack that, ostensibly, continues to baffle investigators. While analysts say the immediate impact of the attack was 'limited' - because the pipelines were not fully operational - the geopolitical consequences were huge. ...
Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 09:05:27 pm »
The Daily Mail is just reporting what Seymour Hersh said - and he's the same guy who said the raid on Osama bin Laden was faked, and the military is controlled by a secret Catholic cabal, etc.. 

He's a nut.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 09:15:11 pm »
So who did take out the pipeline?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 09:29:13 pm »

Could have been the Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, any NATO member....

As for why the Russians would take it out, it would be for the same reason Cortes burned his ships.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2023, 09:30:36 pm »
The Daily Mail is just reporting what Seymour Hersh said - and he's the same guy who said the raid on Osama bin Laden was faked, and the military is controlled by a secret Catholic cabal, etc.. 

He's a nut.

You need to do better than shooting every messenger with a (researched) POV that conflicts with the Biden regime.

Where, specifically, is Hersh wrong?  Provide your proof.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:34:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2023, 09:43:15 pm »

To-date, nobody other than those who actually did it seems to know.  That's sort of the way these sorts of operations are supposed to go in any event.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2023, 10:21:10 pm »
You need to do better than shooting every messenger with a (researched) POV that conflicts with the Biden regime.

Where, specifically, is Hersh wrong?  Provide your proof.

Hersh has no provided literally zero objective evidence.  None.  Instead, he asks that we take him solely on his own unverified say-so.

And why should we do that?

So yeah, shooting the messenger is a perfectly appropriate response to unverified allegations.

Not that I'm sad it's destroyed - I think it is great.  But I also think it would have been a stupid thing for us to do given the risks/rewards.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:27:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 10:47:44 pm »
Hersh has no provided literally zero objective evidence.  None.  Instead, he asks that we take him solely on his own unverified say-so.

And why should we do that?

So yeah, shooting the messenger is a perfectly appropriate response to unverified allegations.

Not that I'm sad it's destroyed - I think it is great.  But I also think it would have been a stupid thing for us to do given the risks/rewards.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2023, 04:23:44 am »
Greenwald: "Even before Seymour Hersh’s report this week, it was more than reasonable to suspect the US government was responsible for the Nord Stream blasts. They all but admitted it themselves." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1624444665511698432

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2023, 07:34:28 am »
Michael Tracey
@mtracey

Of course Sy Hersh will be slimed for this, because for one thing it explodes the myth that current US policy is safely in the hands of Serious Adults -- and not a pack of crazed zealots happy to risk World War III so they can "covertly" blow up a pipeline

11:34 AM · Feb 8, 2023
Blowing up the pipeline isn't the problem, if it is untraceable.

The problem comes in with "tell-all" bullshit I would expect from a senile bastard who can't keep his grubby boogerhooks off of classified material, but details I would expect people to have the good sense to sit on until the Ukraine conflict is resolves, at least..

As the article said:
The CIA argued that whatever was done, it would have to be covert. Everyone involved understood the stakes. “This is not kiddie stuff,” the source said. If the attack were traceable to the United States, “It’s an act of war.”

So why is it being babbled about?

Let alone I am expected to believe this senile pants-shitter who has zero time in the military prior to becoming CinC is going to put together a covert operation to blow up a pipeline that won't be traceable to the US (Well, until the Corn-Pop whupper sets lips flapping and tongues wagging all over the place while we are already peripherally involved in the hottest war in Europe in 70 years).

I am looking forward to having adults in Washington D.C. at some time in the future, after all (even if it is an uninhabitable crater).

I'd swear no one there has bugger-all of a notion of OPSEC, except for the kickbacks they are getting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 02:06:55 am »
Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley
·
4h
Biden blows up Nord Stream pipeline: 400,000 TONS of gas gushes into the sea

Industrial disaster in Ohio: toxic chemicals spewing into the air & water

Whales dying off the east coast

Where’s the Save the Oceans/Stop Acid Rain/Save the Whales crowd?

Al Gore?  Greta?  Anyone?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2023, 02:18:06 am »
"400,000 TONS of gas gushes into the sea"...

You know, they do have valves on those pipelines...