Author Topic: DHS Uses Footnotes, Definitions, and Other Nuances to Expand Migrant Flows  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Uses Footnotes, Definitions, and Other Nuances to Expand Migrant Flows

By David North on February 28, 2023
My colleague Elizabeth Jacobs has written about the numerous loopholes in the Biden proposals about the southern border that deliberately weaken our ability to control the illegal traffic there.

Similarly, USCIS has issued a disconnected set of procedural nuances, altered definitions, and even footnotes to prevent or slow the departures of no-longer needed H-1B workers or to otherwise expand migration. Both of these operations, at the border and within USCIS programs, tend to swell the nation’s population and, more important to the nation’s corporations, to loosen labor markets, thus depressing wages for American and foreign workers alike. All would seem to contradict the administration’s posture as a friend of the American worker — if obliquely.

Whereas the Biden administration’s plans for the borderlands get front-page attention, one needs to be a detective (with some help from his friends) to expose the USCIS gambits, five of which are worth mentioning. They are:

https://cis.org/North/DHS-Uses-Footnotes-Definitions-and-Other-Nuances-Expand-Migrant-Flows
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson