Author Topic: N.Y. Times Reports Child Labor Abuse, but Does Not Mention Their Illegal Presence  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
N.Y. Times Reports Child Labor Abuse, but Does Not Mention Their Illegal Presence

By David North on February 27, 2023
On Sunday, February 26, the New York Times devoted much of its front page, three full inside pages, and 15 photographs to a by-product of the border chaos, the abuse of child workers, without discussing their illegal presence.

The report’s headline in the print version was: “Alone, Underage and Exploited for Labor: Migrant Children Toil in Hazardous Jobs Across the U.S.”

The headline echoes the subdued outrage of the article about the treatment of the children by their employers, including many with prominent brand-name products, and by the government agencies that are supposed to protect the youngsters.

We hear about, for example, the death of 15-year-old Juan Mauricio Ortiz who “fell about 50 feet on his first day of work for an Alabama roofing company”. Similarly, “13-year-olds working in meat plants, 12-year-olds working at suppliers for Hyundai and Kia ... and children who should have been in middle school working at commercial bakeries”.

https://cis.org/North/NY-Times-Reports-Child-Labor-Abuse-Does-Not-Mention-Their-Illegal-Presence
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson