Author Topic: El Paso preparing for potential migrant surge in May  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
El Paso preparing for potential migrant surge in May
« on: March 02, 2023, 11:36:28 am »
El Paso preparing for potential migrant surge in May
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 / 03:10 PM CST

Updated: Mar 1, 2023 / 03:10 PM CST

City extends emergency ordinance to shift resources as needed once Title 42 public health order expires

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – El Paso city officials are taking steps to prepare for a new mass migrant surge on or about May 11. That’s when the Biden administration plans to end the national COVID-19 health emergency that gave rise to Title 42. The regulation allows border agents to quickly expel most migrants coming across the border without authorization.

The City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved extending an emergency ordinance that allows the city manager to shift municipal resources and personnel in response to those mass arrivals. The ordinance is different from the more extreme December disaster declaration that the council let expire.

“We are anticipating a large number of people coming over once Title 42 is not in place,” City Attorney Karla Nieman said at Tuesday’s City Council meeting.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/el-paso-preparing-for-potential-migrant-surge-in-may/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson