Author Topic: Deranged Politico: ‘Block the Sun, Save the Planet?’  (Read 307 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Deranged Politico: ‘Block the Sun, Save the Planet?’
« on: March 02, 2023, 11:24:11 am »
Joseph Vazquez
February 28th, 2023 3:42 PM

Politico is apparently suffering from a bout with confusion. The liberal outlet is floating “sav[ing] the planet” by blocking — *checks notes* — the thing that literally gives the planet life.

Politico ran a headline promoting the mad science of solar geoengineering like it’s a legitimate solution to solve the leftist climate change boogeyman: “Block the sun, save the planet?”

Reporter Arianna Skibell immediately hedged the insane headline by admitting that “locking the sun’s rays to limit global warming has long been considered too dangerous to even study,” but then pivoted to promote woke drivel: “But 60 top scientists are breaking from their colleagues and calling for research into what they call solar radiation modification.”

The method, said Skibell, involves “spraying aerosol particles into the atmosphere that would reflect sunlight away from the Earth, thereby slowing warming.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2023/02/28/deranged-politico-block-sun-save-planet
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Deranged Politico: ‘Block the Sun, Save the Planet?’
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 07:38:05 pm »
What could go wrong??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 07:44:45 pm »
Joseph Vazquez
February 28th, 2023 3:42 PM

Politico is apparently suffering from a bout with confusion. The liberal outlet is floating “sav[ing] the planet” by blocking — *checks notes* — the thing that literally gives the planet life.

Politico ran a headline promoting the mad science of solar geoengineering like it’s a legitimate solution to solve the leftist climate change boogeyman: “Block the sun, save the planet?”

Reporter Arianna Skibell immediately hedged the insane headline by admitting that “locking the sun’s rays to limit global warming has long been considered too dangerous to even study,” but then pivoted to promote woke drivel: “But 60 top scientists are breaking from their colleagues and calling for research into what they call solar radiation modification.”

The method, said Skibell, involves “spraying aerosol particles into the atmosphere that would reflect sunlight away from the Earth, thereby slowing warming.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2023/02/28/deranged-politico-block-sun-save-planet
You just can't fix stupid with these people.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 08:43:45 pm »
Back in the 70s when global cooling, and the next ice age, were all the rage, there were scientist that suggested putting soot  on glaciers to absorb more sunlight
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 08:44:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 08:45:21 pm »
Whether it was to prevent the next ice age or prevent global warming, it seems the so-called solutions are worse than the problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 08:47:21 pm »
Geez.  These people are really unhinged.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 08:49:17 pm »
Did she bother to list the names and qualifications of these 'top scientists' or is it just bullshitting?