Author Topic: White House confirms Biden will veto GOP-backed anti-ESG bill  (Read 327 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House confirms Biden will veto GOP-backed anti-ESG bill
by Ryan King, Breaking News Reporter
March 01, 2023 03:22 PM

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed Wednesday that President Joe Biden will veto the Republican-backed bill rolling back a Labor Department investing rule if it makes it to his desk.

House Republicans advanced a bill Tuesday to undo a Biden administration rule that permits retirement plans to consider environmental, social, and corporate governance in their investment decisions. The veto, which had been widely speculated, could become the first of his presidency.

"It forces MAGA Republicans' ideology down the throats of the private sector and handcuffing investors as well. The bill would bar fiduciaries from considering significant risks like extreme climate threats and poor corporate governance when they make investment decisions," Jean-Pierre told reporters during a White House press briefing.

Centrist Sens. Jon Tester (D-MT) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) signaled they would back the bill, which must first clear the Senate to get to Biden's desk. Supporters of the push to scrap the so-called ESG rule argue the policy is "woke capitalism" that undermines retirement accounts for workers, but Jean-Pierre contended it could hamstring investors.

"It would give investment professionals less flexibility to make prudent decisions, meaning they won't be free to maximize the retirement savings for millions of Americans. That would jeopardize the retirement and life savings for police officers, firefighters, teachers, and tens of millions [of] retirees all across the country," she said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/white-house-confirms-biden-veto-anti-esg-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: White House confirms Biden will veto GOP-backed anti-ESG bill
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 10:14:28 pm »
From the article…..

"It forces MAGA Republicans' ideology down the throats of the private sector and handcuffing investors as well. The bill would bar fiduciaries from considering significant risks like extreme climate threats and poor corporate governance when they make investment decisions," Jean-Pierre told reporters during a White House press briefing.

These people have no idea what they’re talking about. These ESG’s are risking another big stock market bubble and taking everybody else’s investments with them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 11:16:09 pm »
Down side of this, was that this vote gave Tester and Manchin conservative cred in a desperate attempt to secure re-election

Freakin' turdle is killing us, by throwing these dipshits a bone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 04:33:42 am »
"It forces MAGA Republicans' ideology down the throats of the private sector and handcuffing investors as well. The bill would bar fiduciaries from considering significant risks like extreme climate threats and poor corporate governance when they make investment decisions,"

No, it opens up investing into things that actually work. Investments that might yield long term growth instead of losses.

If fiduciaries want to consider those risks of "climate threats" the market will reflect the downside of those risks without a systematic approach to depriving resource developers who are essential to National Security of the CAPEX required to develop those resources, no matter what the "green" lobby has been deluded to believe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis