Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz calls Biden FAA nominee unqualified, says White House 'playing politics' with safety  (Read 756 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 1, 2023 11:37am EST
Sen. Ted Cruz calls Biden FAA nominee unqualified, says White House 'playing politics' with safety
In FAA nomination hearing, Cruz says White House treating administrator position as 'patronage job'

By Chris Pandolfo FOXBusiness

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Wednesday said that President Biden's nominee to serve as the next leader of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is not qualified for the position.

During a Senate Commerce committee confirmation hearing, Cruz cited a need for the next FAA administrator to have "decades of experience in aviation" and said that the nominee before the committee, Phil Washington, lacks the necessary experience.

"The nominee before us, Phil Washington, had a long and honorable career in the military. But he does not have any experience in aviation safety," Cruz said. "This, quite simply, is a position he is not qualified for."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/sen-ted-cruz-calls-biden-faa-nominee-unqualified-says-white-house-playing-politics-safety
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Before I decide, What boxes does the nominee check-off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
wingnut speculates:
"Before I decide, What boxes does the nominee check-off."

Take a guess:

Offline LMAO

So another Biden administration official who’s unqualified to do their job. Why not
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

I wish someone would give him his Balls back. 

I noticed he waited till the end of that black month to announce this. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Likely he has seen an airplane, maybe even been a passenger on one. Dunno if he is a pilot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's FAA Nominee Doesn't Seem to Know Anything About Aviation
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 06:16:14 pm »
Biden's FAA Nominee Doesn't Seem to Know Anything About Aviation

Spencer Brown
March 03, 2023 12:45 PM

Phil Washington, President Joe Biden's nominee to serve as administrator of the FAA, continues to face questions about his qualifications to serve in the role, and his testimony before Congress isn't dispelling doubts about his ability to run America's civil aviation system and keep its citizens safe when they fly.

Already, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has raised concerns about Washington's experience and resume, suggesting President Biden is "playing politics" rather than prioritizing the safety and efficiency of America's air transportation system. Washington's previous gigs have also seen accusations of wasteful spending and mismanagement of resources, as Townhall reported previously. And, while he served honorably in the military, lawmakers pointed out that Washington has no experience or qualifications related to aviation safety.

That was abundantly clear this week as Washington testified before the Senate Commerce Committee when Senator Ted Budd (R-NC) asked Biden's FAA nominee questions that an FAA administrator would need to know. Not only did Washington fail to impress senators with his answers, he had no answers. In fact, it was absolutely brutal.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/03/03/watch-bidens-faa-nominee-fail-to-answer-basic-aviation-questions-n2620193
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

Biden’s nominee to lead the FAA can’t answer a SINGLE question from Sen Ted Budd about aviation policy

MAR. 3, 2023 3:07 PM

Joe Biden’s nominee to run the FAA couldn’t answer a single question this morning from Senator Ted Budd on aviation policy.

Budd tweeted: “I asked Biden’s nominee for FAA Administrator 7 basic questions about aviation policy. He went 0 for 7. We can’t have an FAA Administrator who needs on the job training.”

Watch:

https://rumble.com/embed/v2904go/

I watched it and I don’t have the expertise to know if these questions were appropriate or not for Mr. Phil Washington. So I called a friend of mine with miltary experience who would know and he said these are definitely questions Washington should know. He said they are pretty basic.

But what makes this even more embarassing for Washington is that he’s had 8 months to bone up on aviation policy and he clearly hasn’t.

I looked him up and it turns out Washington is currently the CEO of Denver International Airport, a position he’s held since 2021  .  .  .

https://therightscoop.com/bidens-faa-administrator-nominee-cant-answer-a-single-question-from-sen-ted-budd-about-aviation-policy/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

The nominee: Phillip A. Washington (born 1958) is an American governmental administrator working as the CEO of Denver International Airport. He was previously CEO of the Los Angeles Metro, and served as the head of president Joe Biden's transportation transition team. ...

On June 7, 2021, Denver mayor Michael Hancock nominated Washington to become the CEO of Denver International Airport, taking over the position from CEO Kim Day who was retiring after 13 years. A few days after, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department had a criminal investigation at LACMTA's offices related to a criminal investigation into Washington, which came after a Metro whistleblower's claims of corruption. The investigation was of Metro's sexual harassment hotline, which was found to cost more than $8,000 per call after "multiple no-bid contracts to run the service were awarded to Peace Over Violence, a charity led by a close friend and campaign donor of L.A. County Supervisor and Metro board member Sheila Kuehl." Washington maintained that he was innocent and that the complaint was from a disgruntled employee, with Hancock supporting him. Despite the allegations and the investigation, the Denver City Council unanimously voted to approve Washington as the new CEO. ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Washington

So, 1-1/2 years at DEN airport after a sketchy career at L.A. Metro Transportation Authority ( buses, not airplanes).
Heaven help us if this unqualified guy gets confirmed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I FEEL so saved from the terrible evil Trump now, don't YOU!  Glad you got YOUR way?
 8bs8 ////00000//// twilight zonexxxx 11513 11513 11513 :reaper:

Like God has a terrible sense of humor/justice.
 :reaper: :media: :reaper:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 08:47:58 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Unqualified would be square one.... Clueless square two.... Square Three of course gets the weighted vote (and we know what that question is).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer writes:
"Heaven help us if this unqualified guy gets confirmed"

This guy (if confirmed) is gonna make Pete Buttplug look like an expert in his current position...

Offline mountaineer

mountaineer writes:

This guy (if confirmed) is gonna make Pete Buttplug look like an expert in his current position...
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
mountaineer writes:

Well, i sure am glad they moved our Airport so they don't fly overhead any more. I didn't mind the planes when there were competent people running the agency.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis