Author Topic: 73% of vets view Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal ‘negatively’: Poll  (Read 69 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
73% of vets view Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal ‘negatively’: Poll

FEBRUARY 28, 2023 JUSTIN COOPER
Seventy-three percent of veterans think the U.S. military withdrawal from Afghanistan tarnished America’s legacy in the war on terror, according to a poll taken a year after U.S. forces pulled out of the country in 2021.

About 5,500 veterans responded to the poll from the veterans advocacy organization Mission Roll Call, Military Times reported. The results are available on Mission Roll Call’s website, but there are no details on exactly how or when the poll was conducted.

Asked how the withdrawal influenced their views of “America’s legacy in the Global War on Terror,” 73 percent of veterans said “negatively,” while 18 percent reported having no opinion. According to the poll results, 83 percent of veterans said they were not “satisfied” with the degree to which senior officials have been held accountable for the withdrawal’s “execution.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/02/73-of-vets-view-bidens-afghanistan-withdrawal-negatively-poll/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson