Author Topic: Increased illegal crossings from Canada straining U.S. Border Patrol, official says during exclusive  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Increased illegal crossings from Canada straining U.S. Border Patrol, official says during exclusive ride-along

Richard Madan
CTV National News Washington Bureau Correspondent

Published Feb. 28, 2023 11:19 p.m. EST

A sharp increase in illegal crossings from Canada into the U.S. has an understaffed northern U.S. Border Patrol under new strain, staff say.

CTV National News’ Richard Madan was taken on an exclusive ride-along in Michigan Tuesday with U.S. Border Patrol, to the scene of Agent Javier Geronimo's most recent bust.

“We came out and arrested the migrant who came over from Canada on a kayak,” Geronimo told CTV National News. “About two football fields away.”

U.S.-based Homeland Security says the St. Clair River separating Michigan and Ontario is one of the many targeted areas where a record number of migrants are crossing illegally into the U.S. from Canada.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/increased-illegal-crossings-from-canada-straining-u-s-border-patrol-official-says-during-exclusive-ride-along-1.6293743
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson