Author Topic: Pinal, Yuma officials tell House migration surge is overwhelming them  (Read 106 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pinal, Yuma officials tell House migration surge is overwhelming them
By Alexis Waiss/Cronkite News
Feb. 28, 2023

WASHINGTON – Arizona officials told a House committee Tuesday that local law enforcement and health care workers are ill-equipped to handle the recent surge of immigration at the southern border.

Pinal County Sheriff Mark Lamb and Dr. Robert Trenschel, president and CEO of the Yuma Regional Medical Center, testified as part of a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on the “border crisis.” It was the latest in a string of GOP hearings – two of which were held this month in Arizona border communities – attacking the Biden administration for its handling of the border.

Lamb testified that human trafficking incidents in his county have grown four-fold over the past two years, while seizures of fentanyl pills have grown by more than 600% in the same period.

“Our biggest frustration stems from being told by this administration and the media that there is not a crisis at our southern border, and the lie that our southern border is secure,” Lamb said in his prepared testimony. “Clearly, our statistics tell a different story. And that story is that the border is not secure.”

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2023/02/28/pinal-yuma-officials-tell-house-migration-surge-is-overwhelming-them/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson