Author Topic: China approves two new coal plants every week to ensure stability “when renewables fail”  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

China approves two new coal plants every week to ensure stability “when renewables fail”
Annual emissions from coal
OWID

By Jo Nova

It’s the sixth mass extinction of life on Earth and one country is building six times as much new coal power as the rest of the world combined. But no one cares.

Sinful Australia hasn’t even built a coal plant in 12 long years, but Saint China is approving a new one every three and a half days. One nation is theoretically destroying the world’s corals, creating droughts, floods and bad storms, and making reef fish reckless but no one is gluing themselves to the Chinese Embassy. The same universities who lecture us on carbon pollution are not even boycotting Chinese students. We have to ask — do reef fish matter? Are floods a bad thing?

Either CO2 is just a shiny amulet or everyone who cares about it is functionally innumerate. It could be both.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/02/china-approves-two-new-coal-plants-every-week-to-ensure-stability-when-renewables-fail/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson