Author Topic: Geoengineering: New Area for the Climate Industrial Complex?  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Geoengineering: New Area for the Climate Industrial Complex?
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:43:01 am »
Geoengineering: New Area for the Climate Industrial Complex?
12 hours ago Guest Blogger 26 Comments
From MasterResource

By Robert Bradley Jr.

“There are substantial environmental, technical, and cost challenges in using carbon dioxide removal (CDR) at the scale needed to significantly reduce global warming…. [that make it] unlikely that CDR could be implemented rapidly enough or at sufficient scale to entirely avoid dangerous levels of climate warming in the near term.” (Pro, public letter, February 27, 2023)

“The speculative possibility of future solar geoengineering risks becoming a powerful argument for industry lobbyists, climate denialists, and some governments to delay decarbonization policies.” (Con, open letter: January 17, 2022)

It is hard, contradictory, and hypocritical to be “green” as conventionally defined. I am reminded of a comment in the 1970s that noted “a general frustration generated by the energy crisis: every solution to the problem seems to create tremendous problems of its own.”

Unintended consequences of government intervention is a category unto itself. Today’s climate/energy policy has created many eco-sins from just about anyone’s viewpoint.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/28/geoengineering-new-area-for-the-climate-industrial-complex/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson