Author Topic: Dept. of Defense Tells Troops to Stop Towing U.S. Flags During Parachute Jumps  (Read 432 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dept. of Defense Tells Troops to Stop Towing U.S. Flags During Parachute Jumps

Warner Todd Huston 28 Feb 2023

The Department of Defense has issued a formal ruling barring military personnel from towing the American flag behind them during parachute jumps and from participating in the horizontal display of the American flag.

A Feb. 10 memo from the DOD Public Affairs office sent to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard PR departments reminds soldiers to show proper respect for the U.S. Flag during community events.

“In recent years, many sponsors of sporting events have instituted a tradition of requesting uniformed military members to unfurl and hold giant, horizontal U.S. flags during events as an expression of patriotism and love of the country,” the memo states.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/02/28/dept-of-defense-tells-tropps-stop-towing-us-flags-during-parachute-jumps/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

smh

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The same brass that just handed us the most humilating defeat in hisotry recently in Afghanistan, is all up in arms about troops displaying flags on PR events?

What a bunch of clowns our General Officers have become.  I hope to God we don't send anyone to Ukraine,  we don't need freaking idiots leading them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The same brass that just handed us the most humilating defeat in hisotry recently in Afghanistan, is all up in arms about troops displaying flags on PR events?

What a bunch of clowns our General Officers have become.  I hope to God we don't send anyone to Ukraine,  we don't need freaking idiots leading them.
Um, perhaps putting these clowns in front of any troops in a hostile action is exactly what we and the troops need.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why?

You would think the DOD would have more important things to think about,wouldn't you?

BTW,I was on jump status in the army for 6 years,and don't recall ever seeing an American flag being towed behind the jump aircraft.

Not that it matters,or would hurt anything.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The REAL reason is, of course, is wokeness.  They're afraid someone will be "offended" by the sight of it. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The REAL reason is, of course, is wokeness.  They're afraid someone will be "offended" by the sight of it. :im waiting:

@rangerrebew

I disagree.

I think the real reason behind this is that our political AND military leadership  are all globalists,and hate the idea of an independent America,which is represented by flying an American flag.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@rangerrebew

I disagree.

I think the real reason behind this is that our political AND military leadership  are all globalists,and hate the idea of an independent America,which is represented by flying an American flag.

Disagree.  If you read befind the lines of the article, these "flag" events occured during public displays.  Not actual military exercises.

There and how is the woke angle applied.  You know, not wanting to offend the urban BLM adherrents.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Disagree.  If you read befind the lines of the article, these "flag" events occured during public displays.  Not actual military exercises.

There and how is the woke angle applied.  You know, not wanting to offend the urban BLM adherrents.

@catfish1957

Ironically enough,IF I remember correctly,this started back when the military used to fly over patriotic celebrations,like 4th of July celebrations,flying the flag to remind everyone what it was all about.

Seems like a lot of people these days don't like being reminded.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Ironically enough,IF I remember correctly,this started back when the military used to fly over patriotic celebrations,like 4th of July celebrations,flying the flag to remind everyone what it was all about.

Seems like a lot of people these days don't like being reminded.

Agree...   And why the woke mentality has started to strangle us in areas that we thought it would not impact. 

I knew it was coming, when even the GOP is (was) pushing flag and statue killers like Nikki Haley.    We, the unwoke, conservative, pro-budget austerity crowd has shrank to a tiny population.  They are just dying to finish us off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Agree...   And why the woke mentality has started to strangle us in areas that we thought it would not impact. 

I knew it was coming, when even the GOP is (was) pushing flag and statue killers like Nikki Haley.    We, the unwoke, conservative, pro-budget austerity crowd has shrank to a tiny population.  They are just dying to finish us off.

@catfish1957

Which is why I support Trump. He is the last chance we have to save America because he is the ONLY candidate that already has everything he has always wanted or needed,and the ONLY  thing he is lacking is the ego-boost he would get from going down in history as "the President that saved America."