Author Topic: NYC Chinese Gang Stole Identities Of 3,000 Illegal Immigrant 'Look-alikes' To Pass As US Citizens  (Read 153 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC Chinese Gang Stole Identities Of 3,000 Illegal Immigrant 'Look-alikes' To Pass As US Citizens
By Clarissa Garcia
02/28/23 AT 12:44 AM EST

At least 3,000 Texans of Asian descent had their driver's licenses sent to the Chinese crime group
It was uncovered when a vendor noticed an "increase in customers challenging credit card charges for online transactions"

Letters will be sent to the victims this week notifying them of the breach

A New York-based Chinese crime group has been stealing driver's licenses from "look-alikes" of illegal immigrants so that they can pass themselves off as U.S. citizens.

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) director Steve McCraw confirmed that a security lapse that resulted in the state shipping thousands of Texas driver's licenses to the international organized crime group is under investigation, the Dallas Morning News reported.

The DPS – which issues licenses – has identified at least 3,000 Texans of Asian descent who have been affected and is investigating more potential cases, department officials said during a hearing Monday.

https://www.ibtimes.com/nyc-chinese-gang-stole-identities-3000-illegal-immigrant-look-alikes-pass-us-citizens-3672159
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson