Author Topic: New Proposed Asylum Rule is All Smoke, Little Fire  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Proposed Asylum Rule is All Smoke, Little Fire
« on: February 28, 2023, 03:17:47 pm »
New Proposed Asylum Rule is All Smoke, Little Fire

PUBLISHED:  Fri, FEB 24th 2023 @ 9:13 am EST  by  Jared Culver

You may have heard from some circles that the Biden Administration is proposing to ban asylum and that it is an example of President Biden adopting policies of former President Donald Trump. These critics either have not read the proposed rule or believe even attempting bureaucratic virtue signaling to deter migrant flows at the border is forbidden. This temporary rule (it sunsets on its own terms in 24 months after becoming effective) really blocks no one who would otherwise be streaming across the border to enter the United States and stay indefinitely. Rather, it simply attempts to make the processing of them more orderly. It is almost entirely aesthetic in nature, like constructing a mansion on sand.

For a “brief” summary (deep breath): the proposed temporary rule proclaims that aliens (other than unaccompanied alien children (UACs)) who arrive at the southern border with no authorization, haven’t scheduled an appointment with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) via the CBP One app (unless they have no access to a smartphone to schedule), and passed through a third country where they could have sought asylum, will be returned to Mexico (pending approval by the Mexican government).

The cartels and their coyotes must be shaking in their boots! The carrot accompanying this “stick” is a promise to double down and expand Biden’s illegal categorical parole programs to more populations so the government can replace the cartels in the smuggling business. Now this portion might actually scare the cartel’s accountants a bit, but it certainly will strike fear in the hearts of states and cities that are already overwhelmed by the numbers arriving from the border.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/new-proposed-asylum-rule-all-smoke-little-fire
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson