Author Topic: H-20 Stealth Bomber: Is China's latest firepower overhyped?  (Read 68 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
H-20 Stealth Bomber: Is China's latest firepower overhyped?
« on: February 28, 2023, 02:29:52 pm »
H-20 Stealth Bomber: Is China's latest firepower overhyped?
2h ago

China has long been working to modernise its military capabilities, with a particular focus on enhancing its ability to project power beyond its borders. One of the most significant developments in this regard is the development of the H-20 stealth bomber, which is expected to be operational by 2025.

The H-20 is a strategic bomber, which means that it is designed to carry out long-range missions and deliver a range of weapons, including nuclear weapons. It is expected to have a range of up to 8,000 kilometres, which means that it could potentially reach the continental United States from bases in China. The bomber is also expected to have stealth capabilities, which would make it difficult to detect by radar and other detection systems. This would make it easier for China to carry out surprise attacks on enemy targets, potentially giving it a significant advantage in a conflict.

While China has not revealed much about the specifications of the H-20, experts believe that it could be based on the B-2 stealth bomber, which is currently operated by the United States. The B-2 is a highly advanced aircraft designed to evade radar detection and deliver precision strikes with conventional or nuclear weapons. If the H-20 is indeed based on the B-2, it would be a significant leap forward for China's military capabilities.

The development of the H-20 is part of China's broader military modernization efforts, which have been ongoing for several years. China has been investing heavily in new weapons systems, including advanced fighter jets, ballistic missiles, and aircraft carriers. This has raised concerns among many countries in the region, particularly in light of China's increasingly assertive behaviour in the South China Sea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/h-20-stealth-bomber-is-china-s-latest-firepower-overhyped/ar-AA182ghG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c5be2da0f4f44365e25fc61f532d2602&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson