Author Topic: Biden ‘Believes’ Gain-Of-Function Research Is Necessary To Stop Future Pandemics, Kirby Says  (Read 895 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden ‘Believes’ Gain-Of-Function Research Is Necessary To Stop Future Pandemics, Kirby Says

Harold Hutchison
Reporter
February 27, 2023 6:11 PM ET

President Joe Biden supports gain-of-function research, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said during Monday’s White House press briefing.

“Gain of function” research involves creating a more dangerous strain of a disease by making it deadlier or more contagious for the purposes of obtaining a scientific benefit, according to the National Institutes for Health. Such research is used for the purposes of assessing potential biological warfare threats or for developing vaccines and other medical treatments, causing NIH to consider it dual-use technology.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/27/john-kirby-biden-gain-of-function-research-wuhan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Biden believes:
children smell good
he likes ice cream
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

In defending gain-of-function research, Kirby is essentially defending the government's undisclosed role in the creation of SARS-2.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Didn't Obama ban GOF research back in 2013 or so? No one seems to remember that. But now Fauci, Biden, et al., think it's just dandy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Didn't Obama ban GOF research back in 2013 or so? No one seems to remember that. But now Fauci, Biden, et al., think it's just dandy.

Yes, Obama banned it.  Yet Fauci did it anyway.  In other words, he violated US law and should be tried, convicted, and imprisoned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

I still don't understand why gain-of-function research is so necessary.  Yes, I understand that it would help if we can figure out which way a virus is likely to go if it becomes more infectious, but it seems to me that the costs far outweigh the benefits in this case; as far as I know, there is almost no evidence that any gain-of-function research has actually led to a significant improvement in disease-fighting capability over simply being aware of what's going on and having the resources available to mitigate new diseases as they gain a foothold.

COVID-19 should have proven that to the point that gain-of-function research should be universally prohibited for the foreseeable future.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Real Clear Wire By Philip Wegmann 2/27/2023

While the White House reported Monday that the U.S. intelligence community has not yet reached a “consensus” on the origins of the COVID-19 virus, the Biden administration voiced support for the practice of gain-of-function research, so long as it was done safely, securely, and with transparency.

As complicated as it is complex, such research generally refers to the intentional manipulation of viruses to make them more transmissible, and therefore more dangerous, in order to study them. Critics argue the risks outweigh any potential reward if this kind of research goes wrong.

Congressional Republicans, led by Sens. Marco Rubio, Tom Cotton, and Rand Paul, say that the coronavirus likely leaked from a Chinese research facility in Wuhan that was engaging in that kind of research and have called for a moratorium on federal funding to any university or organizations conducting gain-of-function studies.

When RealClearPolitics asked Monday if President Biden thought gain of function was “prudent,” John Kirby, the president’s National Security Council spokesman replied that he did.

“He believes that it’s important to help prevent future pandemics, which means he understands that there has to be legitimate scientific research into the sources or potential sources of pandemics so that we understand it so that we can prevent them and we prevent them from happening obviously,” Kirby said before adding that the president believed any such research “must be done in a safe and secure manner and as transparent as possible to the rest of the world.”

To sum up, Kirby then told RCP, “I think that’s a fancy way of saying ‘yes.’”

More: https://www.realclearwire.com/articles/2023/02/27/wh_tells_rcp_biden_supports_safe_and_secure_gain-of-function_research_148916.html

Offline Mod2

Offline Idiot

And how did this work out for us...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and premise:
"biden ‘Believes’ Gain-Of-Function Research Is Necessary To Stop Future Pandemics, Kirby Says"

Nonsense.
ol' white joe doesn't know anything about gain-of-function.

I'd like to see him be asked by a reporter to explain just what gain-of-function is, and WHY it's necessary...

(not that I could explain, myself...)

Online DB

So in all of history what "gain of function" research has prevented a pandemic?

And vice-verse, how many "gain of function" research projects started a pandemic?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In another word salad universe......

"Gain of Function" could apply to Pedo Joe's need around mental capacity.

But on topic....   I am ready for Rand Paul to unleash the wolves of hell on this matter.  And have Fauxci put in the stocks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:29:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In defending gain-of-function research, Kirby is essentially defending the government's undisclosed role in the creation of SARS-2.
Precisely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, Obama banned it.  Yet Fauci did it anyway.  In other words, he violated US law and should be tried, convicted, and imprisoned.
Correct. The workaround was to pack it up with two of the professors who helped develop the virus and send it to Wuhan, then fund it through an NGO.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Fauci needs to be arrested and brought in to testify fully what he knows Under-oath with the threat of imprisonment if he lies 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
the Biden administration voiced support for the practice of gain-of-function research, so long as it was done safely, securely, and with transparency.

:pondering: Gee, I wonder if that's kinda like Joe's 'limited incursion' being OK opinion in relation to Russia and the Ukraine?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I vote for Joe to be the 1st test subject the next time someone wants to genetically alter a pathogen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.