Author Topic: Greens try lawsuits to thwart Nevada lithium mine  (Read 328 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Greens try lawsuits to thwart Nevada lithium mine
« on: February 28, 2023, 11:24:36 am »
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |February 28th, 2023

Green opponents to a proposed Biden administration-backed green energy project are making a last-ditch effort in court to block construction of a lithium mine about 200 miles northeast of Reno, Nevada.

Joined by an Oregon tribe, four environmental groups Feb. 21 asked Reno-based U.S. District Judge Miranda Du to temporarily halt work on the proposed mine near the Oregon border until they have had time to appeal her ruling from earlier in the month to let the project, with certain restrictions, go forward. That appeal, in the form of an emergency motion, would be before the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.

“This mine should not be allowed to destroy public lands unless and until the Ninth Circuit Court has determined whether it was legally approved,” Talasi Brooks, a lawyer for the Western Watersheds Project, told ABC News.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/02/28/greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Greens try lawsuits to thwart Nevada lithium mine
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 11:44:23 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 01:55:19 am »
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |February 28th, 2023

Green opponents to a proposed Biden administration-backed green energy project are making a last-ditch effort in court to block construction of a lithium mine about 200 miles northeast of Reno, Nevada.

Joined by an Oregon tribe, four environmental groups Feb. 21 asked Reno-based U.S. District Judge Miranda Du to temporarily halt work on the proposed mine near the Oregon border until they have had time to appeal her ruling from earlier in the month to let the project, with certain restrictions, go forward. That appeal, in the form of an emergency motion, would be before the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.

“This mine should not be allowed to destroy public lands unless and until the Ninth Circuit Court has determined whether it was legally approved,” Talasi Brooks, a lawyer for the Western Watersheds Project, told ABC News.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/02/28/greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greens-try-lawsuits-to-thwart-nevada-lithium-mine
Go get them greenies!...lol

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 04:52:12 am »
Hey, we're gonna convert to electric cars so we can save the planet from climate change!

Hey, we're gonna outlaw electric cars to keep from polluting the planet!

And you'll be happy!
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 05:05:15 am »
 ////00000////

... but ... but ... they get to mine lithium in Chile.

There's so much nature and atomic bomb fallout to protect in the Nevada desert.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.