Author Topic: JOINT CONCEPT FOR COMPETING  (Read 86 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JOINT CONCEPT FOR COMPETING
« on: February 27, 2023, 05:51:44 pm »
JOINT CONCEPT FOR COMPETING

Sun, 02/26/2023 - 8:04am
This unclassified 91 page document was recently published. 

It can be downloaded HERE.

Page 1 of the EXSUM is below.

Some key points:

Strategic competition is a persistent and long-term struggle that occurs between two or more adversaries seeking to pursue incompatible interests without necessarily engaging in armed conflict with each other.

We think of being at peace or war…our adversaries don’t think that way.

​...

Strategic competition is thus an enduring condition to be managed, not a problem to be​ ​solved​.

By taking actions designed to shift the focus of strategic competition into areas that favor U.S. interests or undermine an adversary’s interests, the Joint Force can exploit the competitive space to gain advantage over adversaries and pursue national interests.

...​

The United States can and should develop a more holistic approach to strategic competition that recognizes and seizes upon the irregular, non-lethal, and non-military aspects of competing as fundamental to success, and that focuses on U.S. interests and values, not just what it opposes.

https://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/joint-concept-competing
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson