Author Topic: New York Battery-Recycling Project Gets $375 Million US Backing  (Read 546 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
New York Battery-Recycling Project Gets $375 Million US Backing
« on: February 27, 2023, 05:20:56 pm »
https://energynow.com/2023/02/new-york-battery-recycling-project-gets-375-million-us-backing/

The U.S. subsidiary of Li-Cycle Holdings Corp. is getting a $375 million loan offer from the Biden administration for the expansion of a New York lithium-ion battery recycling plant.The conditional loan would help finance the expansion of a first-of-its-kind facility in Rochester that recycles old lithium-ion batteries into chemicals that can he used for the batteries of more than 200,000 electric vehicles a year, according to the Energy Department.

That's a lot of our money going into yet another recycling program. If the past is any indicator, the question remains if this will be just another subsidy siphon out of the taxpayers' pockets or whether it will be self-supporting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:22:41 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Re: New York Battery-Recycling Project Gets $375 Million US Backing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 06:15:58 pm »
It's a "conditional loan" which almost certainly means that, after the principals have sucked the cash piggybank dry, the loan will be forgiven, and taxpayers left on the hook.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 07:38:24 pm »
It's a "conditional loan" which almost certainly means that, after the principals have sucked the cash piggybank dry, the loan will be forgiven, and taxpayers left on the hook.
Can you say "Solyndra"?

I knew you could!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 08:32:57 pm »
Can you say "Solyndra"?

I knew you could!

:bingo:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 09:03:17 pm »
:bingo:
There's an election to be bought, dammit! Those vote harvesters won't work for free!

(and they likely want cash!)

C S Lewis