Author Topic: WITH ONE SHOT, MARINE BRASS KILL LEGENDARY SCOUT SNIPER PROGRAM  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WITH ONE SHOT, MARINE BRASS KILL LEGENDARY SCOUT SNIPER PROGRAM
« on: February 27, 2023, 05:20:50 pm »
WITH ONE SHOT, MARINE BRASS KILL LEGENDARY SCOUT SNIPER PROGRAM
February 26, 2023Carl Prine

With one shot from a fleetwide message, the Marine Corps brass killed off the service's program for making and deploying legendarily lethal snipers.

A Feb. 23 blueprint detailing the “immediate” shift of 18-Marine sniper platoons into units with 26 scouts was provided to Coffee or Die Magazine, and it includes “zero allocated seats” for the sniper basic course in 2024.

That seemed to differ from an email from the US Marine Corps’ Training Command on Feb. 8 that assured Coffee or Die its leaders had “not received any formal requirement or task to modify the curriculum.”

“Should the decision be made to modernize that specific aspect of the training continuum, it will be based on a fleet requirement that is validated through Headquarters Marine Corps,” TECOM said in a prepared statement.

Neither Headquarters Marine Corps nor officials assigned to the program changing the sniper system responded to Coffee or Die’s inquiries about the fleetwide guidance that guts the sniper program.

https://coffeeordie.com/marine-scout-sniper/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: WITH ONE SHOT, MARINE BRASS KILL LEGENDARY SCOUT SNIPER PROGRAM
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 05:23:04 pm »
I've heard the real reason it was killed is potential snipers refused to use preferred pronouns of the enemy. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: WITH ONE SHOT, MARINE BRASS KILL LEGENDARY SCOUT SNIPER PROGRAM
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 05:32:00 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis