Author Topic: Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas
« on: February 27, 2023, 12:03:25 pm »
Childish Beliefs Drive Lethal Energy and Agricultural Agendas
6 hours ago Guest Blogger 9 Comments
Biden and environmentalist policies would destroy agriculture, habitats, products and nutrition

Paul Driessen

Many eco-activists (and too many legislators, regulators, judges and journalists) have trouble thinking beyond slogans. They apparently believe declaring ecological emergencies, repeating clever mantras, and issuing proclamations and mandates will create a fossil-fuel-free, organic farming utopia. In their dreams.

Since 1950, American farmers increased per-acre corn yields by an incredible 500% – and other crop yields by smaller but still amazing amounts, while using less land, water, fuel, fertilizers and pesticides. Their exports helped slash global hunger and malnutrition. Farmers in Brazil, India and other countries worldwide have likewise enjoyed record harvests in recent years. Their success has many “roots.”

Hybrid seeds combine valuable traits from different plants. Biotech seeds protect crops against insects and viruses and reduce water and pesticide demand. Nitrogen fertilizers (synthesized from natural gas) join phosphorus and potassium in supercharging soils. School and online programs offer libraries of agricultural success tools. Increased atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) further spurs plant growth.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/26/childish-beliefs-drive-lethal-energy-and-agricultural-agendas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson