Author Topic: Snow closes Grapevine, cutting off vital part of California's I-5  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Snow closes Grapevine, cutting off vital part of California's I-5
Katie Dowd

SFGATE
Feb. 26, 2023
Updated: Feb. 26, 2023 11:28 a.m.
Snowfall has closed the Grapevine on California's Interstate 5.

CHP Fort Tejon/Handout
Drivers trying to get in or out of Los Angeles County via I-5 will have to wait or take very long detours Sunday as “continuous snow and ice” has the Grapevine closed.

Although CHP’s Fort Tejon office said Saturday it hoped to reopen the artery between Central and Southern California by 11 a.m. Sunday, the reopening was pushed back after weather conditions did not improve. “Due to a significant amount of ice build up on the roadway the Grapevine will remain closed,” CHP said in a statement shortly before 10 a.m. Sunday. “Crews are working hard to clear the ice and make the roadway safe for travel. We are hoping to reopen the Grapevine sometime this afternoon. Please be patient.”

A potent winter storm bringing low-elevation snow, hail and rain pummeled Southern California on Saturday. A number of other roads are closed throughout the region as crews clean up, which means there’s currently no easy way to get in or out of Los Angeles. Until the Grapevine reopens, drivers will have to detour using Highway 101 along the coast or state Route 14 further inland.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/snow-closes-grapevine-california-interstate-5-17806954.php
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Snow closes Grapevine, cutting off vital part of California's I-5
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 11:14:51 pm »
Yeah here in California we call it winter, happens every year. What doesn't happen every year is blizzard conditions around Tahoe and the Sierras dropping seven feet of snow, hard on the locals but thank God because we sorely need the snow pack. Now if Moonbeam hadn't squandered billions on on a BS bullet train that no one wanted and instead used the money for storage reservoirs and  desalination plants California would be much better off.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 11:19:20 pm by GtHawk »