Author Topic: New Polling Underscores Biden’s Immigration Vulnerabilities  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Polling Underscores Biden’s Immigration Vulnerabilities
« on: February 27, 2023, 11:38:15 am »
New Polling Underscores Biden’s Immigration Vulnerabilities
But congressional Republicans are playing catch-up when it comes to messaging

By Andrew R. Arthur on February 27, 2023
Mid-February saw two new polls on the president’s immigration policies and performance. Long story short: The American people aren’t pleased with the job Biden is doing, but as importantly, those polls suggest that — for now — congressional Republicans are playing catch-up as the White House seeks to control the messaging on what’s really occurring at the Southwest border.

Harvard/Harris. Between February 16 and 17, the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard University, the Harris Poll, and Harris X asked 1,838 registered voters for their views on Biden’s overall performance, other public figures and institutions, and specific topic areas.

There have been a lot of ups and downs in Biden’s overall approval rating throughout his term, but views on his overall performance in that poll now appear to have stabilized as he begins his third year in office.

If that sounds like good news for the White House, it’s not. According to that poll, 55 percent of respondents disapprove of the president’s performance (38 percent “strongly”), compared with 42 percent who approve (21 percent strongly).

https://cis.org/Arthur/New-Polling-Underscores-Bidens-Immigration-Vulnerabilities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson