Author Topic: Don Loucks reveals the most disturbing MYSTERIES about the Ohio train wreck chemical catastrophe  (Read 475 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Don Loucks reveals the most disturbing MYSTERIES about the Ohio train wreck chemical catastrophe

https://www.brighteon.com/caac6850-ff84-49fe-b1b2-50b5c63ce3a8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

The whole 'controlled burn' narrative was complete bullshit.  Also, burning vinyl chloride without proper oxygenation results in the creation of dioxins.

According to the EPA, the maximum contaminant level of dioxin in drinking water is 30 picograms/L.

Our government took an environmental accident and made it much worse.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
For the 10th time on various threads......

I want to know who exactly at EPA, state agency, railroad, or local government.....   gave the order to torch the spill.....

I know in my career, if I had done that they would have been coming for me with the cuffs. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat:
"The whole 'controlled burn' narrative was complete bullshit.  Also, burning vinyl chloride without proper oxygenation results in the creation of dioxins."

Catfish:
"I want to know who exactly at EPA, state agency, railroad, or local government.....   gave the order to torch the spill....."

If there had been no "controlled release" or "controlled burn", the wrecked cars could have possibly exploded (with great force), OR, if the fire had been extinguished, the chemicals would have pretty much leaked out into the ground and water.

Whenever there's a major derailment (even without toxic spills), the main order of business from the railroad's point of view is going to be:
- clear the wreckage off to the side
- get the track restored
- resume operations

For this purpose, they will usually call in professional "wreck cleanup outfits" (like "Hulcher") to get the cars out of the way. These guys really know their stuff, they come in with large Cat tractors and "side-mounted" cranes to lift cars and move them out of the way.

But to do this, the "toxicity" has to be dealt with first.

Catfish... don't you recall me saying a few days' back that I didn't think that NS (or any other big RR) had a team of "toxic cleanup" guys to do jobs like this? They may indeed have an office staffed with folks who know a little about the contents of hazmat cars, and about what should be done in emergencies, but my guess is that when there's a bad event like this they call "outside parties" for advice and direction. NS is a railroad company -- NOT a chemical company.

And these days, the big RR companies are running with as-slimmed-down employee structures as they can get away with (it's known as "precision scheduled railroading").

As to who gave the go-ahead for the controlled burn, wasn't that mentioned here over the past few weeks? Seems like the governor of Ohio signed off on it at the request of the railroad.

I doubt EPA or the feds had any input -- at all.
That may change in the future.

Online Hoodat

I doubt EPA or the feds had any input -- at all.
That may change in the future.

The National Response Center at the EPA was notified less than two hours after the crash.  What was their response?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The National Response Center at the EPA was notified less than two hours after the crash.  What was their response?
Did they even respond?

I'm sure the guys at NS have a rollodex (or the modern equivalent) full of numbers to call, not only agencies, but cleanup, wreck 'remediation', environmental crews, but the Federal and even State ends of this seem to be a pile of dropped balls.

In an administration comprised of the most appointees who checked certain boxes, it's a crying shame none of those boxes said "competence" after it.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

During my career I probably made easily 200-300 notifications to NRC.  That many, because some substances like Benzene had a 10 pound RQ (Reportable Quantity), which is can happen even if a gallon and half of it evaporates.  Releases under these criteria mean those releases to soil, water, or air. 

I've been out of it for 10+ years, but back in the day, the NRC was manned 24/7  by the USCG (Coast Guard).  They, then after consultation, act as a focal point to notify all applicable agencies with appropriate jurisdiction.  They based on information provided would prioritze that dissemantion of information.   I can guarnteee based on this level of disaster, that the Enisgn or Lt. who took the call made immediate notification to the correct parties.  USCG would have only responded direct if the spill had happened directly to  navitagable waters. 

Again, what has given me severe heart burn is that this ignition of the collected spill area required someone's approval..  And I doubt seriously it was N-S's contractors or even N-S itself.  Or N-S, made the call after EPA, or state blessing.  What they did breaks almost every safe emergency response practice and guidelines .

I again reienterate, that whoever made that call, needs to face serious legal, including criminal charges.  That's what I would have expected what they would have done to me.

And another thing....  Taking 2 hours to make the initial notification?  There will be hell to pay over that too.  I can clearly remember we being expected to make a call within 15 minutes, when  an RQ was exceeded.  And this was expected even before cell phones were common. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 04:01:35 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

It's my understanding that there were five tankers of vinyl chloride, but only one posed a threat of explosion.  Yet all five were set ablaze.

Here's the data sheet:  https://www.airgas.com/msds/001067.pdf

A controlled burn would have involved drawing off the liquid at a controlled rate into some type of burner or furnace providing sufficient air mix.  That didn't happen.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-