Author Topic: The Difference Between Constructive Correction and Destructive Criticism  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Difference Between Constructive Correction and Destructive Criticism
iStock.com/jacoblund
By MICHAEL BROWN Published on February 26, 2023

As reports of revival spread across the nation, there is something else that will quickly spread: criticism of revival. But what kind of criticism is it? Is it helpful, constructive correction, the kind that gives life? Or is it unhelpful, destructive criticism, the kind that brings death?

Constructive correction is good and necessary. It exposes error, warns of coming danger, shores up weak spots, reveals sore spots, and uncovers blind spots. It is motivated by love and is willing to be misunderstood. It is patient and persistent, and it never says, “I told you so!”

Its words are right and its spirit is right. It is Christlike in character as well as in content.

Constructive correction helps — even if it hurts. It may sting in the short term, but it will soothe in the long term. It gets its hands dirty and serves on the front lines, never engaging in smug spiritual sniping from its snug security zone. Perish the thought. The genuinely constructive critic is a cherished co-worker and friend.

https://stream.org/the-difference-between-constructive-correction-and-destructive-criticism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson