Author Topic: Biden’s Border Admissions Program Is Leading To Family Separations  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Border Admissions Program Is Leading To Family Separations

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
February 24, 2023
11:57 AM ET

The Biden administration’s program to admit migrants using an exception to a major expulsion order if they crossed illegally is leading to family separations, according to multiple reports.

The program allows individual migrants to make appointments through a phone application, known as CBP One, to apply for an appointment to get an exception to Title 42, the Trump-era expulsion order used to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Parents are being forced to weigh a difficult decision of sending their children to cross the border when they can’t get appointments with the family for the admissions process, an immigration lawyer and advocates told Border Report. (RELATED: ‘Huge Difference’: Jean-Pierre Tries To Dispel Accusations That Biden Admin Is Bringing Back A Trump Rule)

“You two can enter, but not your children,” a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer told migrants, who spoke with the Los Angeles Times.

CBP has recorded a surge in illegal migration at the southern border. The agency recorded more than 2.3 million migrant encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal year 2022 alone.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/24/joe-biden-immigration-southern-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden’s Border Admissions Program Is Leading To Family Separations
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 03:07:44 pm »
If it is actually happening, it MUST BE Trump's fault. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson