Author Topic: 'So many exceptions' to Biden's new asylum policy that it's just 'smoke and mirrors,' former ICE off  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'So many exceptions' to Biden's new asylum policy that it's just 'smoke and mirrors,' former ICE official claims
NEWS
CANDACE HATHAWAY
February 24, 2023

A former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement torched the Biden administration's new proposed asylum policy for containing "so many exceptions to the rule that the exception is going to swallow the rule," Fox News Digital reported.

Earlier this week, the Biden administration's Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice issued a joint Notice of Proposed Rulemaking "designed to address the current and anticipated surge in migration."

Former acting director of ICE Thomas Homan told the news outlet that the proposed rule, "Circumvention of Lawful Pathways," appears to be similar to the Trump-era "Remain in Mexico" policy; however, unlike former President Trump's rule, the Biden administration's policy includes several exceptions.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/so-many-exceptions-to-biden-s-new-asylum-policy-that-it-s-just-smoke-and-mirrors-former-ice-official-claims
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson