Author Topic: Is The ESG Colossus Stumbling?  (Read 420 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is The ESG Colossus Stumbling?
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:37:39 pm »
Is The ESG Colossus Stumbling?
Tilak Doshi

Feb 21, 2023,08:06pm EST

Yesterday, leaders of the Florida’s House and Senate hailed legislation that would “protect Florida retirement accounts and state investments from financial discrimination by eliminating the consideration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investment strategies” and “protect Floridians from being denied loans based on their political or social beliefs.” It is perhaps with a special irony that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced, on the day before Valentine, his latest legislative proposals against the ESG movement that has ruled investment strategies of the largest corporations in the West for the past several years.

The proposals will prohibit fund managers for state and local government in the state from considering ESG factors in any investment decisions. State government entities will not be allowed to request ESG information from suppliers in the procurement process. The governor has been among the leading anti-ESG advocates, barring fund managers for state pension funds last year from incorporating ESG factors in the investment process. The state recently pulling $2 billion from BlackRockBLK -1.2% , the world’s largest asset manager with over $8.5 trillion under management, over its use of ESG factors. A pittance for BlackRock, but it is the demonstration effect that often matters in the scheme of things.

Is the ESG colossus – standing astride the worlds of business and political mandates over the past two decades in the Western world — stumbling?

Origins of ESG

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tilakdoshi/2023/02/21/is-the-esg-colossus-stumbling/?sh=4b0676402f6b
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Is The ESG Colossus Stumbling?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 01:04:21 pm »
And sadly the fact is that some even here at TBR find apparently no problem with Black Rock's potential association with Zellinskyyyyyyyy/Ukraine corruption machine, , and their offering of "re-constuction".  One side we have DeSantis heroically fighting this abomination, and OTOH,  we have so called Conservatives (even here) , trying to kill that effort.  IMO they are as complict in perpetualtion and advancement of the ESG  agenda, as Biden, Bernie, and AOC.

You know who you are......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 02:17:50 pm »
Outside the Hedgers,

Here is a nice tidy list of companies to boycott / avoid for ESG adherence. 

https://www.investors.com/news/esg-companies-list-2021-best-esg-stocks-environmental-social-governance-values-2/

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 02:22:49 pm »
DESANTIS.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 02:24:15 pm »
DESANTIS.

And it almost feels like that on the leadership front, he is fighting this battle alone. 

Too many cowardly pols afraid to upset the Enviro-whacko cabal.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 02:25:27 pm »
And it almost feels like that on the leadership front, he is fighting this battle alone. 

Too many cowardly pols afraid to upset the Enviro-whacko cabal.

Courage is contagious.  :beer: :patriot:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 12:47:08 am »
IIRC, we have something similar working its way through our legislature now.

Considering the economic pillars of this state's surplus revenues are Oil, coal, Natural Gas, ranching and agriculture--all of which require reliable transportation (not the current crop of EVs), for any State funds to be invested in an ESG program would be like shooting our economy in both feet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis