Author Topic: America Cannot Survive If Its Citizens Lack Pride  (Read 300 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America Cannot Survive If Its Citizens Lack Pride
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:21:56 pm »
February 26, 2023
America Cannot Survive If Its Citizens Lack Pride
By Frank Liberato

I suspect that the people around me grow weary of hearing me say “when I was young.” That is, however, the only way I can gauge the times in which we live. As Patrick Henry famously said, “I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.”

The past I remember is that of a nation that loved and took pride in its history, freedom, and treasured institutions. Obviously, that is no longer true. That wealth of national pride has been turned on its head. While hubris has long been viewed as a serious character flaw, little is ever said about a deficiency of pride or what may happen to a society when pride becomes scant or nonexistent.

Pride in our history and system of governance, in one’s accomplishments, and in one’s home, property, and offspring are all ingredients for a healthy, prosperous, and civil society. When there is no pride, things fall apart. Where there is no pride in one’s work, there is poor production or unemployment. Where there is no pride in one’s home, there is squalor and decay. Where there is no pride in one’s family, there is dysfunction.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/02/america_cannot_survive_if_its_citizens_lack_pride.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: America Cannot Survive If Its Citizens Lack Pride
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 04:05:34 pm »
The problem with America is that we got too much pride of the wrong kind, too many people want to keep rolling down the same road that is leading to failure.

We need to take a step back and get grounded, but the globalists have indoctrinated us that we must throw out the past and continually move on to the future, and give up everything that made us independent and strong as a nation. It's just not fashionable to be old fashioned in any way.

The younger generations really get sucked into the 'we're so new and cool because we're young' mantra. They don't realize they're recycling the same thinking since the 60's, and this is just another time around the wheel, except from the big picture perspective things are actually circling the drain.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 04:34:18 pm »
Over 50% of our population are now entitlement junkies sucking on the left hind teat of Fedzilla.

Pride requres respect.  And a mass majority of that >50?% have neither self respect, respect of others, or respect of this country that has provided this runaway gravy train. 

I hate using the "circling the drain" repetitively, but we are witnessing is what happened in mid 5th century Rome.  The internal rot is putrid and expanding rapidly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 11:50:47 pm »
Title and premise:
"America Cannot Survive If Its Citizens Lack Pride"

And that's why The Party is working so diligently (and succeeding) at breaking down such "pride" amongst the youth.

It's "part of The Plan".

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 11:58:26 pm »
I am thankful that didn’t have today’s America from 1941-1945

And it isn’t going to be elections that’ll fix any of this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy