Author Topic: 'Mental Health Advocate' Jumps to Defense of 270-Pound Student Accused of Beating Teacher's Aide Unc  (Read 481 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Mental Health Advocate' Jumps to Defense of 270-Pound Student Accused of Beating Teacher's Aide Unconscious: 'He Is Not a Threat!'
Jack Davis, The Western Journal   By Jack Davis, The Western Journal
Published February 25, 2023 at 1:35pm

In the aftermath of the release of a video that shows a brutal attack on a teacher’s aide, one woman said law enforcement is mischaracterizing what took place.

The aide had confiscated the student’s Nintendo Switch game console, allegedly prompting the 270-pound, 6-foot-6-inch, special-needs student to attack.

The incident took place at Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, Florida, according to a Facebook post from the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office.

The student has been charged with felony aggravated battery with bodily harm. The aide, who initially was knocked unconscious, was hospitalized but has since been released. No names have been released.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/mental-health-advocate-jumps-defense-270-pound-student-accused-beating-teachers-aide-unconscious-not-threat
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The 'advocate' wasn't being beaten. Maybe next time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida delivers cocky, violent teen who viciously attacked female teacher his comeuppance
February 28, 2023 | Sierra Marlee

The large male high school student who was caught on camera assaulting a teacher’s aide over taking his handheld gaming device has been named, as he will be charged as an adult.

Brendan Depa is reportedly the 17-year-old student who is accused of brutally assaulting Joan Naydich, the 57-year-old teacher’s aide who took his Nintendo Switch during school hours. Despite being a minor at the time of the alleged crime, he has been identified because the Seventh Judicial Court of Florida has transferred the case to an adult court. The suspect is currently being held on a shocking $1 million bond and faces a felony charge of aggravated battery which can carry of sentence of up to 30 years if found guilty.

According to documents acquired by Daily Mail, Depa faced three other battery charges in 2019 prior to the events caught on video February 26. He had reportedly completed a Department of Juvenile Justice program, but clearly the effects didn’t stick.

Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly supports the decision to charge Depa as an adult, even saying that the alleged assault “could have been a homicide.”

“This student is just six months shy of age 18, and it was also a brutal attack on this teacher. Fortunately, this didn’t result in a fatality,” Staly remarked. “This could be a homicide we are talking about.”

Naydich has reportedly been released from the hospital after the savage attack, and is recovering at home with her family.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/28/florida-delivers-cocky-violent-teen-who-viciously-attacked-female-teacher-his-comeuppance-1336547/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Young Brandon:

Offline LMAO

Florida delivers cocky, violent teen who viciously attacked female teacher his comeuppance
February 28, 2023 | Sierra Marlee

The large male high school student who was caught on camera assaulting a teacher’s aide over taking his handheld gaming device has been named, as he will be charged as an adult.

Brendan Depa is reportedly the 17-year-old student who is accused of brutally assaulting Joan Naydich, the 57-year-old teacher’s aide who took his Nintendo Switch during school hours. Despite being a minor at the time of the alleged crime, he has been identified because the Seventh Judicial Court of Florida has transferred the case to an adult court. The suspect is currently being held on a shocking $1 million bond and faces a felony charge of aggravated battery which can carry of sentence of up to 30 years if found guilty.

According to documents acquired by Daily Mail, Depa faced three other battery charges in 2019 prior to the events caught on video February 26. He had reportedly completed a Department of Juvenile Justice program, but clearly the effects didn’t stick.

Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly supports the decision to charge Depa as an adult, even saying that the alleged assault “could have been a homicide.”

“This student is just six months shy of age 18, and it was also a brutal attack on this teacher. Fortunately, this didn’t result in a fatality,” Staly remarked. “This could be a homicide we are talking about.”

Naydich has reportedly been released from the hospital after the savage attack, and is recovering at home with her family.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/28/florida-delivers-cocky-violent-teen-who-viciously-attacked-female-teacher-his-comeuppance-1336547/

It’s too bad for him that he didn’t do this in California
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

Not only would I not aspire to be a teacher these days, I wouldn't encourage my relatives.

Offline mountaineer

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
BREAKING REPORT: 17 year-old who 'viciously beat his teaching aide unconscious' held on $1 MILLION bond...
Will be charged as an adult – Faces up to 30 years in prison – Was arrested THREE times for battery in 2019..
12:03 PM · Feb 28, 2023
Fla. student to be charged as adult after attacking staffer who took Nintendo Switch
By Yaron Steinbuch   
February 28, 2023 1:12pm

A 17-year-old Florida student caught on video beating a female school staffer unconscious after she confiscated his Nintendo Switch video game device will be charged as an adult — as it emerged that he has previously been arrested for battery three times.

The 6-foot-6 teen has been named for the first time as Brendan Depa after the Seventh Judicial Circuit Court ruled that he would be tried as an adult with aggravated battery on a school board employee, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.

The first-degree felony is punishable by up to 30 years behind bars, according to the outlet. ...
NY Post

Florida teacher says she didn’t confiscate student’s Nintendo Switch before vile beating
By Katherine Donlevy   
February 28, 2023 7:06pm

The Florida teacher’s aide who was brutally attacked by a 270-pound student denied her teenage assailant’s claims that she sparked the classroom beatdown when she confiscated his Nintendo Switch.

Joan Naydich, a paraprofessional at Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, made the revelation Monday as she continues to recover from being slammed to the floor and stomped on 15 times.

“I just want to set the record straight. I never took the Nintendo Switch from him. From anyone that’s read or heard differently, I’ve been told this was unfortunately misinformation,” Naydich said, according to a fundraiser launched for her recovery.

Brendan Depa, 17, told cops he launched his tirade on Naydich after she took his handheld game console during class. ...
NY Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
BREAKING REPORT: 17 year-old who 'viciously beat his teaching aide unconscious' held on $1 MILLION bond...
Will be charged as an adult – Faces up to 30 years in prison – Was arrested THREE times for battery in 2019..
Florida teacher says she didn’t confiscate student’s Nintendo Switch before vile beating
By Katherine Donlevy   
February 28, 2023 7:06pm

The Florida teacher’s aide who was brutally attacked by a 270-pound student denied her teenage assailant’s claims that she sparked the classroom beatdown when she confiscated his Nintendo Switch.

Joan Naydich, a paraprofessional at Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, made the revelation Monday as she continues to recover from being slammed to the floor and stomped on 15 times.

“I just want to set the record straight. I never took the Nintendo Switch from him. From anyone that’s read or heard differently, I’ve been told this was unfortunately misinformation,” Naydich said, according to a fundraiser launched for her recovery.

Brendan Depa, 17, told cops he launched his tirade on Naydich after she took his handheld game console during class. ...
NY Post
12:03 PM · Feb 28, 2023NY Post
NY Post
I don't care if she took it or not, he had no right to have one in a class and sure as hell had no right to even think about laying a finger on her. He should be charged with attempted murder not battery.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.