Author Topic: $15M worth of drugs hidden in clay pots, jicama and furniture  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$15M worth of drugs hidden in clay pots, jicama and furniture
« on: February 25, 2023, 07:16:31 pm »
$15M worth of drugs hidden in clay pots, jicama and furniture
by: Jafet Serrato

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 / 02:02 AM CST

Updated: Feb 25, 2023 / 02:02 AM CST

SAN DIEGO – Three drivers were caught with drugs tucked away in various items while attempting to cross the border, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. One driver used clay pots, another jicama and another furniture, officials said.

A Border Patrol agent encountered a 39-year-old man driving a truck and carrying what appeared to be furniture on Feb. 14, officials said. The man was trying to get into the U.S. at the Otay Mesa cargo facility, telling agents that he had a shipment of furniture and that he had a valid entry document.

Border officers then examined his vehicle using a detector dog. Authorities said the dog detected narcotics in the cargo area of the truck carrying drugs.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/15m-worth-of-drugs-hidden-in-clay-pots-jicama-and-furniture/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson