Author Topic: Parents sending migrant children alone across border into South Texas  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Parents sending migrant children alone across border into South Texas
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Feb 23, 2023 / 05:57 PM CST

Updated: Feb 23, 2023 / 05:57 PM CST

Human rights group says CBP requires all asylum-seekers, including children, to have scheduled interviews via the CBP One app

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Several asylum-seeking families who are waiting in northern Mexican border towns have begun sending their children alone across international bridges into South Texas, and might not see their children again for months or even years, human rights groups told Border Report on Thursday.

Migrant advocates in California and Mexico critical of Biden’s new asylum guidelines
The children are crossing unaccompanied into McAllen and Brownsville, Texas, after U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers last week began enforcing a rule that requires all asylum-seekers to have scheduled interviews via the CBP One app, the nonprofit Lawyers for Good Government told Border Report.

Priscilla Orta, a supervising attorney with Lawyers for Good Government, said the children are not being allowed to cross and attend the asylum interviews with their parents, leaving them with the “difficult decisions” of whether to send the children alone into the United States or cross without them and leaving them behind.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/parents-sending-migrant-children-alone-across-border-into-south-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson